• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport, Sarria to Astorga 13th September 2023

ajsimp

Time of past OR future Camino
13/09/2023
Hello,
Has anyone a suggestion for transport to Astorga from Sarria, 13th Sept 23. To start our walk back to Sarria.
The sites I have tried are coming up with nothing, surely there must be a Bus/train ?

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Looks like there’s one train that day between the two stations, leaving Sarria at 9:21am and arriving in Astorga at 12:53pm. Pricing starts at 21,50€. However, part of the route includes a bus ride between Ourense and Monforte de Lemos due to work on the tracks.

Can you see the Renfe search results here?

Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Looks like there’s one train that day between the two stations, leaving Sarria at 9:21am and arriving in Astorga at 12:53pm. Pricing starts at 21,50€. However, part of the route includes a bus ride between Ourense and Monforte de Lemos due to work on the tracks.

Buen Camino!
Hello natefaith,
Thank you for your assistance. I have tried to purchase tickets buy unfortunately an error has occured, so I will try later.
Regards Alan

Sometimes foreign credit cards don't work on the Renfe site. You could try to download the app and see if that works or some people have better luck with Paypal. I useTrainline with accepts my credit card.

Sometimes foreign credit cards don't work on the Renfe site. You could try to download the app and see if that works or some people have better luck with Paypal. I useTrainline with accepts my credit card.
Thank you J, Iwll try both.
Regards Alan

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Buen Camino!
Hello natefaith, Success, Sarria to Lemos, Lemos to astorga.
Regards Alan

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back