• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport to start Camino Sanabres

• Thread starter Former member 91768
  • Start date
F

Former member 91768

Hi, I wanting to walk the Camino Sanbares from Granja de la Moruela, from what I've read this is the main starting point?
I will flying from UK , What airport would I use (in Spain) which would enable me to use public to reach transport Granja de la Moreuela.

Thanks in advance.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks, I will look on to tha. , Do you no if the trains frequent? Or do I need to book in advance, I don't normally book in advance just incase of any delays.

Thanks, I will look on to tha. , Do you no if the trains frequent? Or do I need to book in advance, I don't normally book in advance just incase of any delays.
Depends on the day and month. Tomorrow there are 9 trains from Madrid to Zamora. You do need to reserve seats in the long-distance trains and they can sell out in peak periods. I would book well ahead if possible. It is also likely to be cheaper to book well in advance. I find the Trainline website or app easier to use than the RENFE website.

Depends on the day and month. Tomorrow there are 9 trains from Madrid to Zamora. You do need to reserve seats in the long-distance trains and they can sell out in peak periods. I would book well ahead if possible. It is also likely to be cheaper to book well in advance. I find the Trainline website or app easier to use than the RENFE website.
Had the same dilemma, currently on the Sanabres!
Arrived Madrid Barajas Airport Saturday morning!

I had to go via this route, as
the cheap Renfe Madrid to Zamora train was sold out and the next option was too expensive! I think Avanza bus, leaves directly from the airport, but my flight arrived at the same time!

Zamora is best option to transfer to Granja!

My route went:
Madrid to Leon, ALSA bus, cheap but
slow, (pre book on app)
Leon to benevente, ( local bus company, €8)
Benevente to granja (same company, you switch to a mini bus)

It was a long day, if you can get to Zamora, it’s only about 30 mins!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Great, thanks. I didn't relise the trainline app can be used in Spain.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back