• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Two blogs covering parts of the Camino del Mar

M

mikevasey

Hi just going to give two links to blogs which cover this route, one(the way from Viveiro) has some stunning photos of the areas you will walk through, it is a bit like the basque coastal way between San Sebastian and Deba http://www.15anosateixido.blogspot.com.es/p/o-camino.html and the other(with good photos) has a link title of forestman.espacioblog.com(I cannot get it to transfer to this site) and once there look for the date 2012/04/15 regarding viveiro to San andres. It also links to Gps tracks and show photos of churches and monument connected to this quite old way. There is some waymarking for it but it takes the form of the old christian fish symbol. Still have to see or read anything that Lugo amigos actually waymarked it at groundlevel when they mapped a route last year and this is not to create debate but an actual intrest in what is or not there to help pilgrims on their way. I am walking from the Algarve for 2 weeks later this year, but if i think this route is actually waymarked from ribadeo i will walk this way instead.

Thanks to Peter Robbins and his website where i poached the 1st link from.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Tia
If when you go you're looking for the church with the beautiful ceiling be aware its on the COVAS side of the river rather than the Viviero side. However you can't miss it as it is directly opposite the bridge. If its important to you, you may want to know I was able to get a sello from church of San Francisco in the old town and although I saw the ceiling in the church over the river I didn't find anyone to stamp my credencial there.
Good luck with your journey . hot fleece

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Some of the blogs seem to have disappeared now which is a shame. If we find others we will post them here.

Most read last week in this forum

For next year, springtime, I am considering this as the ending of a reverse Camino Inglés: From Ferrol to the northernmost point of Spain / Faro de Estaca. Anyone who ever walked the Ruta del Mar...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back