A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

LIVE from the Camino Two peregrinas on the Via de Bayona

2020 Camino Guides

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
We have 11 days to get from Irun to Burgos. I am just trying to build in a day of ease, but still allow half a day to explore Vitoria/Gasteiz. That's why using a bus at the start might be helpful. Perhaps I'll look into a bus from Astigarraga to Tolosa - on day 2
A very good idea, I think.
The commuter train, industries, towns, etc., are part of the adventure.
I love your attitude, @C clearly. Indeed.
But you definitely don't want to skip albergue in Beasain believe me!!!
No, definitely not! I agree completely.
Or maybe walk Hernani - Andoain. That's much better.
But not to miss the escalators! ;)

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Oh...and...the recommendations for food, @C clearly:
In Tolosa: Amataberna
In Beasain: Blai

Once over the mountains the food on this camino is less inspiring (except Tartan in Miranda de Ebro), but up the valley from San Sebastian? It was wonderful.

Oh, and @peregrina2000, I have to admit I also thought the attitude of people in Haro towards visitors was a bit jaded. Maybe it's that we were not dressed to impress?;)
Back on the VdB in Miranda de Ebro, it felt better - I thought, anyway.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Loved the synagogue pictures. I don’t mind seeing pictures of places before I walk there, so you will have to think of another way to torment me, K1. 😄
I forgot to mention one more thing in the past post when I mentioned 2016. Me crossing the Ebro in MdE, you walking Camino del Ebro, then we meet in Leon, La Robla and in the end in Tertulia in SdC. Well, after you cross the Ebro in MdE there's a Plaza de Espana (small and nice square) to the left and at the far end there is Bar La Tertulia :D

peregrina2000

Staff member
Oh...and...the recommendations for food, @C clearly:
In Tolosa: Amataberna
In Beasain: Blai

Once over the mountains the food on this camino is less inspiring (except Tartan in Miranda de Ebro), but up the valley from San Sebastian? It was wonderful.

Oh, and @peregrina2000, I have to admit I also thought the attitude of people in Haro towards visitors was a bit jaded. Maybe it's that we were not dressed to impress?;)
Back on the VdB in Miranda de Ebro, it felt better - I thought, anyway.
One more food recommendation — at the pensión in Zegama, the restaurant is very very good. We were there on the weekend, so we had to order a la carte and had a feast. Their weekly menú looked amazing. BTW, if you stay there, he will not take reservations on the phone, you have to go through booking. The young guy running the place was both chef and in charge of the pensión and was a bit harried. His mom and a bunch of her friends came out to eat the day we were there, from Vitoria I think, and she told me all about how he had worked so hard to get to this place. Clearly a proud mom.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 50 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 179 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 294 24.7%
  • June

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.3%
  • September

Votes: 340 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 146 12.2%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock