• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Unmarked Variant between Briviesca and Monasterio de Rodilla

setmeravelles

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Vasco-Olvidado-San Salvador 2023
After a meh day between Pancorbo and Briviesca, I decided to try the unmarked variant mentioned on Gronze today. I found a couple of tracks on Wiki and went for it.

It was incredible and worth it!

When leaving Briviesca, take a right at the sign that says to go straight to Valdazo and Reinoso. It eventually turns to gravel and offers great views of the Burgos mountains. It sorta felt like the Badlands in the Dakotas in the US (but just sorta).

There are some confusing spots, but most is straightforward . The track I followed from Wikiloc enabled me to go all the way to Quintanavidas, but as it was from 2014, there was now a sunflower field in the middle of where the user had gone before…only problem. I could have gone down to Revillagodos to rejoin the official Camino, which is what Gronze suggests.

Not sure what the official Camino is like, but I really enjoyed it! There was a monument to the bike too.

If someone has posted about this already, my apologies. I tried finding something about it last night but didn’t see anything.

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpeg
    IMG_0022.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9992.jpeg
    IMG_9992.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0028.jpeg
    IMG_0028.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0039.jpeg
    IMG_0039.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0042.jpeg
    IMG_0042.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back