• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Two pilgrims attacked near Castilblanco de los Arroyos (Via de la Plata)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
The El Diario news website has reported on a violent assault on two pilgrims early on Thursday morning on the section of the Via de la Plata between Castilblanco de los Arroyos and Almaden de la Plata.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Oh. This is awful, and unthinkable.
I hope someone gets to the bottom of this. That begger was (had been staying?) at their albergue, so it would not be hard to follow up.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The El Diario news website has reported on a violent assault on two pilgrims early on Thursday morning on the section of the Via de la Plata between Castilblanco de los Arroyos and Almaden de la Plata.

It would appear Adeslas are not who you want to use as medical insurance given their refusal to cover her treatment.

There were two attackers, not the one beggar that allegedly was at the albergue. And it was pitch dark, there were also other pilgrims on their way.
Refusing to give money to a mendigo is not unheard of, and the beggar would be used to it. So why would he have remained angry all night and even bring a companion for this frenzied attack?

A scary story and I do hope the Guardia Civíl get to the bottom of it soon.

Best wishes to pilgrims Agustín and Desiré and a speedy recovery.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

English please

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Doesn’t really sound like a beggar’s modus operandi. I’m sure the Guardia Civil will make every effort to find the perpetrators.

Hope the pilgrims are on the mend quickly, and able to continue their pilgrimage.

Attachments

• IMG_7583.jpeg
    IMG_7583.jpeg
    506.6 KB · Views: 121
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Awful. But as often is the case it is a one sided story. Did they do anything to provoke the attack earlier on? I don't mean refusing money to a beggar, as mentioned above any beggar would be used to refusals. I should add that by questioning any previous provocation I am not justifying what happened. Random acts of violence are very rare and usually happen in the heat of the moment. From the attire of the assailant and the fact it was just a directed attack without robbery it does beg the question.

We are all very interested in reports of incidents such as this. It was awful.

On the forum, we often close threads like this, once we start getting into questions about motive, and conjecture that we cannot resolve on the forum. If further information is forthcoming from the police or media, it can be posted separately and moderators can merge with this thread.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Reports of money missing from a few wallets at Rocanvelles this afternoon. Money was taken, but the wallets/purses were not. Police have been called. Stay safe!
Hi everyone, I am a 30 y.o. female travelling solo. Planning to walk Camino Ingles in May, but since it's the least popular route I'm a bit worried in terms of how safe it is. I walked Frances...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.