• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

two weeks on Frances in late June/early July. where to start?

Arrim

Time of past OR future Camino
First timer
I am hoping to spend 12-14 days walking the Camino from late June through early July. I am worried about the crowd on Frances during this popular season, and am wondering what section of the Camino do people recommend for that length of a walk? I am very interested in the cultural and spiritual aspects of the walk, but would also like to avoid unpleasant industrial areas and large crowds. Any suggestions? Also, where do people fly in and out?

Thanks so much!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
If it were me, I'd fly in to Paris, catch the train to Le Puy in France, and walk for 2 weeks from there. It is very, very beautiful. Then you can return every year and do a bit more, eventually ending up in Santiago.

If it were me, I'd fly in to Paris, catch the train to Le Puy in France, and walk for 2 weeks from there. It is very, very beautiful. Then you can return every year and do a bit more, eventually ending up in Santiago.
I agree, I did this myself. Had to stop in Leon since my husband was very ill. He died end of last year and now I will hopefully soon finish the rest from Leon to Santiago.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Oh Mariann I'm so sorry. May the Camino strew flowers along your path and bring you comfort.

Most read last week in this forum