• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Uh-oh. I'm in trouble aren't I? LHR to STN

Do not forget to take some "GSE", it helps with your "stomach bug" (specially in Peru)
Buen camino
Jorge

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Dang it! Did I miss something? Was I supposed to get a tummy-bug too? Heck, I had enough problems GETTING to the Camino this year, I couldn't imagine having to completely stop due to illness. Very sorry to read this happened.

As for me, my Camino was INCREDIBLE! Every day was a great day for walking (I actually said this to everyone and they came to repeat it back to me) no matter heat, cold, rain, tears, laughter, blisters, melted chocolate, etc....Wait, I think I said this about my last Camino!

I was soo happy everyday. Again, the Camino provided me with what I needed and took what I didn't. The Camino made me strong when I was weak, and humbled me when I was strong. The Camino showed me what to run from, and what to run towards.

I wish this for all of you!

Keep a smile,
Simeon

tummy-bugs are a must, but they usually stem from choclate deficiency so im sure that is why you were fine...

(did you do the machu picchu or was that someone else)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
]I am sure someone else did Machu Picchu as well, but yes I did this hike.

Will you be going there next?

Absolutely no deficiencies here! I had both chocolate and wine remedies nearly every single day. Hmm....

I am hoping to go there next june on a trip with that, galapagos and maybe nasza lines (meeting with my new CEO today and asking for the time off as I understand that tickets must be bought early and I need to know I can have the funds by january when they go on sale)

was it absolutely amazing and would you have any recomendations for must do's in that area ?

I understand that the porter can carry max 6kg and then I carry some, so between us I will probably be able to sneak in some choclate bars :p

Ugh, very frustrated! I found a picture of my "chocolate offerings" from this summer and wanted to share. Having a hard time posting it here!

Made plenty of friends I did. :wink:

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
mralisn said:
Ugh, very frustrated! I found a picture of my "chocolate offerings" from this summer and wanted to share. Having a hard time posting it here!

Made plenty of friends I did. :wink:

You wont make many friends here,
if tease us about your chocolate & not share it :mrgreen: (I couldn't find a brown one)
lrg_prod37.jpg
met a friend who now finds she has a dietry condition & this bar is the only one where she can get her fix on a sat night; it's not cheap, but @ least it has no funny stuff in it :wink:

ps........we did a lot of praying for you to catch planes, buses, tubes, taxis,giving you a clear route across London, so I reckon you owe us each a choco bar, even if only virtual :D

Uh-oh....again. It seems I've brought bad feelings to Pieces since we could not share chocolaty heaven this summer. I couldn't walk THAT fast to catch you!

And yes Abbeydore, my attempt was to share virtually with a photo, but I can't get it to load. I DO owe all of you who got me through my adventure. When I got on the train from Bayonne to SJPdP, I let out a huge sigh and thought of all of you with a smile. I had a beer and some chocolate and met a most wonderful young lady from Ireland to share during the ride.

I found out later there was someone on my flight from Stansted to Biarritz who was talking about me and my adventure. A friend I made two days later heard me tell my story and shouted, "You're that guy!" Yep, that was me.

I have a strong feeling I'll be back on the Camino Norte again in 2014. When/if I ever cross paths with you forum angels, chocolate and drinks on me!

Keep a smile (especially Pieces),
Simeon

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
yes,the dissapointment is still very real and raw....

BUT you can make it up by popping down to Quito next summer with a huge load of quality choclate :p

oohh and update btw, seems like someone finally figured what is wrong with my leg so maybe Machu Picchu won't be utter torment even if there is no choclate :p

(I wish I could put this at the top of the thread as it might make more sense.)

Hello everyone,

I hope you don't mind me bringing this thread up again. I do have a purpose.

In the last several weeks, I have noticed much discourse in postings of the Camino in various forums.

I love everything about the Camino. One of the best for me, is how much fun I have.

This thread is from 2012. With addition of the "Benny Hill Theme" song (#44 now doesn't have), it made everyone's input even more exciting and humorous.

ONLY if you have the time and nothing better to do, give the first 60+ a good read. The rest is mostly about chocolate. :)

My reason for bringing this up is to show how invested we can all get into one another no matter and without judgment. The Camino provides. At that time, it provided me with you and most of us with excitement, laughter.

Thank you for that.

Cue Benny Hill!

Keep a smile,
Simeon

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...
hello - Does anyone have a suggested app that i can both track my progress along the route and share real time location? i know how to share real time on google maps but. or route progress. thank you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back