• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Ultralight Parka or Not?

Time of past OR future Camino
04/2024
I’m starting the Camino Frances from SJPD 4/3. I’m still on the fence whether to take my ultralight down jacket. I’m bringing a good rain jacket/shell and multiple thin layers (merino wool). Will that be enough?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you have a down vest, that would save you a little weight and pack space. I used a rain shell, down vest, and a Patagonia Better sweater. The kept me warm when it snowed leaving O'Cebriero.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I bought one for my Camino but did not take it. Of course I didn't start my Camino from SJPP till May 18 so wasn't really cold. The only time It got a bit chilly was first day walking over Pyrenees. But I had a fleece pull over with a merino t-shirt under that with my rain jacket and that kept me warm that day. Did not come close to needing it any other day. Leaving it at home this year also. I guess it just depends on what month you leave.

Most read last week in this forum