• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Use of Mobile Technology and Smartphone Apps on the Camino de Santiago: A Comparison of American and

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Pity they didn't look at routes walked or their answers regarding the benefits of carrying a phone may have changed. For emergency reasons on Caminos with fewer walkers and for calling hospies upon arrival to have the albergue open.

I often wonder when answering these surveys what will come out of,these studies based on the questions we are asked.

Last year trekking the Frances, we had a watch and a Michelin map pamphlet, I emphasis pamphlet. It had very little information and a profile view of elevations, no map. No other electronics, this year (August 2017 Frances)we are taking a smartphone and our trusty watch and a very good map My wife is taking the smartphone, I am taking a camera...some people just can't let go !

Buen Camino ALL !!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Not exactly ground-breaking research in the pilgrim world. However, as an exercise in conducting a survey, and doing statistical analysis of results, it might have served its purpose. It was nice of the authors to share it with us.

Most read last week in this forum