• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Vaccine tracking page

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
For those who are interested in how vaccine distribution is going in Spain or any other country you can check this page on Bloomberg. Yes, it's geared to the US, but has statistics on all countries.

Vaccine tracking
Fascinating. Thank you for sharing. Think I might move to Israel!!

For those who are interested in how vaccine distribution is going in Spain or any other country you can check this page on Bloomberg. Yes, it's geared to the US, but has statistics on all countries.

Vaccine tracking
The latest concerns aired on the news in Australia is that the current vaccines may not cover this new strain coming out of South Africa and UK. Let's hope that it is wrong.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The latest concerns aired on the news in Australia is that the current vaccines may not cover this new strain coming out of South Africa and UK. Let's hope that it is wrong.
I follow this epidemiologist"s blog. She talks about the vaccines and the new variants. Spoiler - the vaccine should cover them too.

Last edited:
But the good news is that it will apparently be easy to tweak the vaccines to cover new strains. Logistically very difficult but hope remains alive.......

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Cross-posting from the Portugal COVID thread:

The impact of the EU vaccine delivery delays on Portugal, per Reuters:

Nick - I've moved my Camino to 29 July (I have to travel before 17 Aug or I lose ticket and $$$). I am scheduled for my C19 shots in Mar/Apr. Here's hoping Portugal/Spain can ramp up vaccinations this Spring/Summer. PS; I enjoyed your podcast on Destination Eat Drink - well done.

Thank you!

I certainly hope by July you would be able to walk a camino in line with our experience in September 2020 (pretty much unhindered but with some accommodation closed, social distancing in albergues, albergue kitchens closed etc).

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Quite depressing for Spain. Only 0.4% fully vaccinated and the EU has failed to secure enough vaccines for even the most at risk groups. What does that work out to? About two years?

Status
Not open for further replies.