• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vancouverite reporting in

ieatmidget

Greetings, my name is James and as the title suggests I'm from Vancouver in British Columbia Canada. Gonna be walking the Camino starting on August 22nd heading out of SJPDP, and it'll be my first time. I've been lurking on these forums for a couple month's gathering info and tips for the journey and I think I'm pretty much prepared, and if I'm not I'm sure I'll still manage somehow.

Got my boots broken in, some fancy FUTURISTIC socks to keep blisters to a minimum, and a big brown hat to keep the sun off my head. I think I might pick up some kind of bandana to cover my face when the sun is really shining because sunblock only lasts so long and reapplying when you're sweating is a pain. So if any of you guys are walking the trail around the same time and see a guy with a big brown hat and wearing a bandana across his face looking like some kind of old west bandit, that'll be me.

Here's hoping I have a fun and eventful trip.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Buen Camino from the East Coast of Canada (just outside of Fredericton NB). You are about to embark on a wonderful journey, enjoy the experience and will meet many new people. I remember being so glad the my hat had ties on it in order to keep it on my head on the meseta.

Yay fellow Canadian Pilgrims!
Have a wonderful Camino...
I will be on The Way from SJPDP to Santiago in April/may 2013
and then I would like to do the Via De La Plata in the fall of 2013
:D
Buen Camino! I cannot Wait!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.