• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Senonensis, Paris to Vezelay, and beyond

blawrence

Time of past OR future Camino
le puy to conques
First thanks to all members who give freely of their expertise and knowledge, this forum helped me a lot getting started a couple of years ago. I am now planning a new camino, the Via Senonensis, to commence in Paris, ultimately to walk to Le Puy en Velay. Am in the process of gathering the guide books, maps etc. I would appreciate any feedback on accommodation en route to Vezelay, types that will be available and the need to book, or not, and indeed any other useful tips, that guide books just don't have. I can get by well in French. Will either be in April or late Sept/Oct 2024 - needing to avoid the Paris olympics in August.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Welcome to the forum. To begin your research do check out this earlier thread re walking from Paris to Vezelay which links several posts which you might find useful.

For additional pilgrim accommodation throughout France in the local tourist offices do ask about the donativo Chaîne d'Hospitalité Locale .Those who offer pilgrims such hospitality do so for the pleasure meeting/greeting pilgrims as well as helping them.

Whenever/wherever you do walk Carpe diem.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

In about a week’s time I’ll be starting my fifth Camino from Le Puy en Velay, however, I’m interested to know if anyone in this forum has started their Camino from Paris ….. to Saint Jean Pied de...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.