• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Villa Castora

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Just got this from Villa Castora:

Good afternoon,
The youth hostel does not make prior reservations for standing walkers of Santiago. You have to check availability on arrival.
We have attached brochure where you can check rates and characteristics of the hostel. The price per night per person is € 19.80 €.

Atentamente,

Area de RecepciĂłn

Albergue Juvenil Villa Castora

Crta. de las Dehesas, 29

28470 Cercedilla

Telefono: 91 852 03 34

Fax: 91 852 24 11

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Just got this from Villa Castora:

Good afternoon,
The youth hostel does not make prior reservations for standing walkers of Santiago. You have to check availability on arrival.
We have attached brochure where you can check rates and characteristics of the hostel. The price per night per person is € 19.80 €.

Atentamente,

Area de RecepciĂłn

Albergue Juvenil Villa Castora

Crta. de las Dehesas, 29

28470 Cercedilla

Telefono: 91 852 03 34

Fax: 91 852 24 11
Kind of rude, don't you think so? I bet they do take reservations from youth groups... o_O

Anyway I would stay at polideportivo aerobics gym anytime again, hahaha.

My understanding when I stayed there was that there are about 3 rooms over on the left on a separate corridor, secluded from all the hullaballoo of the youth groups, and that those rooms are only used by pilgrims. The place was full when we arrived, but those rooms (two beds each, private bath, sheets, even a little porch looking out over the woods) were open.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am there now. Room has two beds and private bathroom. Very clean and rooms offer to left as Laurie said. No porch for my room
19.8€.

Nice restaurant .5km's down the hill. La Posada.

No WiFi at Villa Castora.

Good food and cold beer.

Ultrya,
Joe

The Arbil looked good right by train station had it's own bar and you can't beat 6€.

Joe

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The Arbil looked good right by train station had it's own bar and you can't beat 6€.

Joe
I think Annie meant six additional euros to the cost of the albergue -- I paid 25-ish a few years ago. The Aribel has some historical significance from Civil War days, but I can't remember what it was. When you're there, ANnie, take a look at the pictures all around on the walls if you think of it.

Joe, is La Posada the restaurant across the street from the train station, above a bar? I remember a good meal in that place but can't remember its name. Buen camino, Laurie

I think Annie meant six additional euros to the cost of the albergue -- I paid 25-ish a few years ago. The Aribel has some historical significance from Civil War days, but I can't remember what it was. When you're there, ANnie, take a look at the pictures all around on the walls if you think of it.

Joe, is La Posada the restaurant across the street from the train station, above a bar? I remember a good meal in that place but can't remember its name. Buen camino, Laurie

No it is up the hill between Aribel and Villa Castora.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Well, before you abandon the Villa Castora too hastily, let me just remind you that Joe confirmed that the individual rooms off to the left are held for pilgrims. And you are a km+ further up the road if you sleep here, which may be of some non-trivial importance if the 30 km to Segovia is an issue.

I've stayed in both places, and would prefer the albergue but the Aribel is fine too.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back