• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

vodaphone recharge card

daesdaemar

Camino-holic
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles - twice
I have a Vodaphone sim card that I use when in Spain. It is expiring soon and I need to recharge it. Does anyone know a source that I can purchase a Vodaphone Spain recharge card from that will mail it to me in the USA?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
daesdaemar said:
I have a Vodaphone sim card that I use when in Spain. It is expiring soon and I need to recharge it. Does anyone know a source that I can purchase a Vodaphone Spain recharge card from that will mail it to me in the USA?

I plan to buy a vodaphone sim card when I arrive in Barcelona, were you happy with the service, does it provide some 3G Internet too? And does it work in other European countries?

Thanks

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

I was very happy with the vodaphone service. Under their "Mi Pais" plan, I was able to call my family back in the USA for under 30c per minute after 8 PM. Service and quality of the calls was excellent.
I did not try 3G or data services so I cannot comment on this. To the best of my knowledge, it will work in other countries, but there would likely be roaming charges.

Hello Ivar,
I did try the technique you suggested, but it would not accept my credit card. Apparently, you have to use the credit card once in Spain before you can use it on-line.
However, I did find a site (http://www.cloncom.com) which did allow me to recharge instantly. It worked very well. I was able to get 10 euro recharge for only a 1 USD fee.
Thanks...

Of course, and the roaming prize is lower than with other companies. For example, if you are a Vodafone customer in Australia, is cheaper for you to use the same mobile company.

And, 3G network here in Spain is quite good. At least for me, after some recent travels by Italy, Germany and India.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum