• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking the Camino Ingles in september2018

Stefystar

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances from sarria 2015
Via Francigena Aquapendente to Rome 2016
Camino Portuguese from TuI 2016
Well it is happening!! I am going to walk the Camino ingles solo in September 2018...after nearly 2 years from my last one.
I have a tingling sensation of happiness as I am going to walk to Santiago again....also a little trepidation on the unknown path..
I know it is not as popular as the Frances.
I am hopeful to meet some pilgrims on the way..
starting preps now... counting the days

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
It's a lovely camino. Make sure to visit the Parque Do Pasatempo in Betanzos.
Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Buen Camino, @Stefystar !
I hope you'll like it as much as I did. Short but sweet; a nice little walk.
It was a surprise to like it as much as I did - the choice was based on free time, rather than preference, but I found it a satifying and very enjoyable camino.
And yes. For now it is not as popular as the Frances from Saria, so it is not so crowded. Long may that last.;)

Hi Beatrice,

Thank you ! Will go to visit the parque for sure.

Buen Camino, @Stefystar !
I hope you'll like it as much as I did. Short but sweet; a nice little walk.
It was a surprise to like it as much as I did - the choice was based on free time, rather than preference, but I found it a satifying and very enjoyable camino.
And yes. For now it is not as popular as the Frances from Saria, so it is not so crowded. Long may that last.;)
Hi VNwalking,
for me too a matter of time...still thank you for your comments. Appreciated!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi hi

I'm starting in Porto on the 10.9.2018
We might cross paths :)

Liliom
Hi hi

I'm starting in Porto on the 10.9.2018
We might cross paths :)

Liliom
Hi liliom,
My Camino is starting with a bang!!!
I am deyhidrated and felt sick.. just waiting for the farmacy to open to get something to get me on my "walking feet"...gosh never on a first day!!!

Hi liliom,
My Camino is starting with a bang!!!
I am deyhidrated and felt sick.. just waiting for the farmacy to open to get something to get me on my "walking feet"...gosh never on a first day!!!

Hi Stefystar,
I hope all will get better. What route are you walking? I know you are starting from Ferrol, and then?? Just in case I am walking about.
Make sure that you are drinking enough. I have never done the hiking, so I am not really knowing what am I against :) Hopefully will manage.
Did you get your passport from somewhere? I am planning to go somehow from Porto airport to the catherdral and get it there :)
All the best and take good care of yourself.
Liliom

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi liliom,
I am a lot better thank you went to farmacy,got some medicinesand i was able to reach Neda, slower pace than normal.
i have had problem with internet so I only picked this message now.
I believe you can get it from cathedral..check maybe an underground station nearby.i know from the airport you buy an "andante" card which you can recharge every time you travel.

It was very hot today.. felt like 26/27 degrees..
Make sure to get some mineral or isotonic stuff to avoid dehydration

Hi liliom,
I am a lot better thank you went to farmacy,got some medicinesand i was able to reach Neda, slower pace than normal.
i have had problem with internet so I only picked this message now.
I believe you can get it from cathedral..check maybe an underground station nearby.i know from the airport you buy an "andante" card which you can recharge every time you travel.

I will, thanks a lot.
And how is it with the accommodation? Do you book it in advance or you just go into hostels with the passport and you stay over? How much do they charge roughly?
:)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi liliom,
I have not done the Portuguese part .. I walked it from Tui, so I cannot say.. maybe ask the forum... Surely someone will know..
You can get the list from the forum I believe, and people do call ahead to book ., depend on the hostel.. I personally pick 2stars hotels which are ok..some hostels have private rooms... The cost dipends on where it is.. some hostel would ask a donativo... You would need your passport to access the hostel..

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back