• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Walking with a dog on the Camino

Hello Pilgrims,
I want to walk the Camino with my dog. I'd like to hear from anyone who has done this before and about accommodation on route with a dog. Many thanks. Christine

A selection of Camino Jewellery
christinepearson said:
Hello Pilgrims,
I want to walk the Camino with my dog. I'd like to hear from anyone who has done this before and about accommodation on route with a dog. Many thanks. Christine

Hola!

You should contact Ultreaperegrino. He just finished his Camino with his dog.

Hi there,

I had a couple from Germany that walked with two dogs, and stopped by the Camino Travel Center to see how they could travel home with them. It seemed that these were rather large dogs (I did not see them), about 30kg each they said.

I called ALSA (the bus) and they would not allow dogs on international trips. They had talked to RENFE (the train) and it seemed that they also had some rule against dogs.

I am not sure what they did to get home. Renting a car would have been one option, but it seemed like they did not have a drivers license....

Anyway, just and FYI that you need to plan how you would be going home with your dog. I am sure it can be done since I seemed to hear about pilgrims walking with dogs all the time, but I am not sure how they travel with them home afterward.

Click here for more dog relate post in the forum.

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum