Search 62305 Camino Questions

Walking with a dog on the Camino

Hello Pilgrims,
I want to walk the Camino with my dog. I'd like to hear from anyone who has done this before and about accommodation on route with a dog. Many thanks. Christine

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Ajda

christinepearson said:
Hello Pilgrims,
I want to walk the Camino with my dog. I'd like to hear from anyone who has done this before and about accommodation on route with a dog. Many thanks. Christine

Hola!

You should contact Ultreaperegrino. He just finished his Camino with his dog.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,

I had a couple from Germany that walked with two dogs, and stopped by the Camino Travel Center to see how they could travel home with them. It seemed that these were rather large dogs (I did not see them), about 30kg each they said.

I called ALSA (the bus) and they would not allow dogs on international trips. They had talked to RENFE (the train) and it seemed that they also had some rule against dogs.

I am not sure what they did to get home. Renting a car would have been one option, but it seemed like they did not have a drivers license....

Anyway, just and FYI that you need to plan how you would be going home with your dog. I am sure it can be done since I seemed to hear about pilgrims walking with dogs all the time, but I am not sure how they travel with them home afterward.

Click here for more dog relate post in the forum.

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

Most read last week in this forum

Hi - I did post this a couple of years ago but thought I would do it again just for fun (can't find the old post). For those who don't know, the fictional hero, Jack Reacher, is a retired MP...
La Voz de Galicia are reporting the headline figures from a survey of Camino pilgrims which suggests that around 90% are Catholic, about 48% claim to have walked for spiritual reasons, and that...
I emailed Albergue Rio Arga in Zubiri to book a bed, and they replied that they need a credit card number to secure the booking. They don't have a booking form on their website, and when asked...
Hi, I'm gonna start my first Camino in March and now I'm wondering what to take with me... In Albergues, are there all the equipments for basic cooking and also the other stuff like dry spices...
There has been a lot of discussion about the best styles of tortilla in another thread recently. I ate a lot of it - good, bad and just ok - in the last month myself! I just saw this article on...
Hi all, it's been over 5 years since I walked the CF and my Brierley's looking suitably tired and out of date (an omen?😄). Planning on doing a sizable chunk of the CF later this year and want to...

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.