• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Weather in May

Howie

I apologize for being a pain in the bum (as the kiwi saying goes) - but I have searched for ages and couldn't find anything reasonable and/or meaningful. Ok, there are statistics and so on, but that doesn't mean much to me.

I would like to ask pilgrims who have walked the Camino (St Jean to SdC) in May (that is starting with the 1st and ending with the 31st) about their personal experience with the weather.

Thank you.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Unless your plans are set in concrete you could consider the VDLP from Sevilla. I did this route last may and found consistent weather until a week before SDC when it rained one afternoon. Being May the CF is further north and the weather is less reliable-a bit like NZ(!)

Camino Frances in May

Howie,

I walked the SJPP-Santiago route 28 April to 31 May 2006. It was cloudy and windy crossing the Pyrenees, was sunny most of the time in Navarra, got rained upon only once before Logrono. Then it was scorching hot across the meseta until Cruz de Ferro (3rd week) where there was rain/hail/ sleet/snow(?), then sun again all the way to Santiago. Not a single raindrop through Galicia during that last week.

The flowers were blooming during that month, countryside awash with colors. No grapes ready for the picking though.

Mark Mulingbayan

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
May and early June have been the best ones for me, but then it all had to do with when I got my vacations, come rain/shine...

Buen Camino :arrow:

xm

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum