• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Weather on coastal Camino - Porto to Santiago now

Aisling1

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2024 coastal route from Porto
Hi
Doing my first Camino on 1st June. Flying out to Porto next Thursday and just wondering what the weather is like on the Camino at the moment. I have been looking at accu weather etc but wanted a feel / update from someone out there now. Thanks in advance

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Maybe you can give a more detailed plan of your intended route
If you follow the coast all the time the weather can differ to that at the Central (inland ) route. You could be able to switch at several places from the coastal to the central route what lots of pilgrims do

Thanks for reply Albertinho.
My route is
Porto to Esposende
Esposende to vila Praia de Ancora
Vila Praia de Ancora to baiona
Baiona to Pontevedra
Pontevedra to Santiago(we're cycling)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
So you follow the entire coast up to Vigo and Redondela

Maybe one of the pilgrims will update you.
Another solution is search for webcams
I googled “ webcam Viana do Castelo or Esposende “ and got hits and could see the coast and the weather. Idea ?

Thanks for reply Albertinho.
My route is
Porto to Esposende
Esposende to vila Praia de Ancora
Vila Praia de Ancora to baiona
Baiona to Pontevedra
Pontevedra to Santiago(we're cycling)
Maybe other bikers or walkers can confirm that bikes go on board of the (fisherman’s) boats to set you over from Caminha to A Guarda ?
Otherwise you have to do an about 30 kms detour to reach A Guarda.
From Caminha follow the road or better the Ecopista path along the Minho river almost to Vila Nova de Cerveira where is the international bridge between Portugal and Spain.
Follow the road back along the river in opposite way untill you reach A Guarda

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Maybe other bikers or walkers can confirm that bikes go on board of the (fisherman’s) boats to set you over from Caminha to A Guarda ?
Otherwise you have to do an about 30 kms detour to reach A Guarda.
From Caminha follow the road or better the Ecopista path along the Minho river almost to Vila Nova de Cerveira where is the international bridge between Portugal and Spain.
Follow the road back along the river in opposite way untill you reach A Guarda
Brilliant thanks for all the advice. Definitely needed.

I took my bike on the fishermans boat in April. No problem. Depending on the number of passengers waiting, the boat will take about eight without bikes or a reduced number with bikes. Possibly only two bikes per crossing.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I took my bike on the fishermans boat in April. No problem. Depending on the number of passengers waiting, the boat will take about eight without bikes or a reduced number with bikes. Possibly only two bikes per crossing.
Thanks Fred80

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone have the map tracks in English for the Portuguese Coastal Senda Litoral and Spiritual routes?
Hi my friends! I just wanted to let you all know that me and my daughter are on our way! We arrived in Porto on June 5th and are in Baiona now! I received so much help from you all and am very...
I am thinking of walking Porto to Santiago staying as close to the ocean as possible. I believe it might be called the littoral path. Is there luggage transfer available on this route?
Has anyone completed the Camino Portuguese coastal in the summer months? I'm considering completing our camino quite slowly and enjoying some beach time with the kids on the way. They will be 13...
We are completing or Camino from Lisbon to Porto tomorrow. We plan to start walking the coastal route the following day but we are trying to find 2 locations along the coastal route that would be...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back