• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino Weather!

WildPlace

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2013, 2015
Via de la Plata 2022
Camino Day 3. Today we woke up to thunder, lightning and rain which only got heavier as we walked. Torrential by the time we arrived at Gerendiain/Viskarret and our casa rural accommodation (La Posada Nueva). Massive lightning storm just as we arrived and it put the power out for 1.5 hours. Cleared in the afternoon but thunder rumbling around again now. We were glad that hadn't decided to go straight to Zubiri!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi WildPlace, Last year at about this same time (7 Sept), I was at Corazon Puro when a thunder & lightning storm hit after dinner. It was pretty spectacular -- and I've been in some incredible ones in Africa -- the night sky was solid white with lightning and a terrific downpour. Next day, it was as if nothing had happened. Even the steep trail down to Zubiri was fine -- no slippery mud! Was I dreaming??? Don't think so - we talked about it at breakfast the next morning!
Buen Camino -- I hope the weather clears very soon for you!!
Terry

When there are thunderstorms with lots of lightning, walking in open spaces are particularly hazardous. Check the weather for the coming days in the area you will be walking on www.aemet.es, click "municipalidades" and find your way (province and towns) on the map that opens.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi, sorry about the weather up there.
Hope it cleares to day.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Cheer up! Towards the week-end the weather will be pleasant and you'll be able to forget the present misery.

I agree with Fraluchi no walking under thunder, lightning or torrential rain either, those are "rest days"

Zzotte

It's been a bit damp between Arzua and Santiago Sunday and today, Monday. I suppose that's why it's green in Galicia, but I have to agree it's a good test of the rain gear. I stopped to try to get my bike brakes sort of working, as opposed to stopping by falling off, but ended up walking the last couple of km into Pedrouzo. It's a slight culture shock after the Norté.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum