• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What Is This Sculpture?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you so much Jan_D for the prompt reply. That's exactly what I was looking for and your assistance is sincerely appreciated!

I hurried back here to post my thank you before further researching the large church's ships...
Good thing I did, Rick of Rick and Peg, as I am easily confused ;-)
Thank you!

The derivation of 'nave' is the same as that of 'naval'. Many old churches have what's called a "ship's keel ceiling", The ceiling is like an upturned ship. That's why the nave is called ... the nave.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A "nave" is also a big building usually located in an industrial estate used for warehouse or industry.
Yes, that's right. There is an albergue at Ferreira (just before Melide) on the Primitivo called A Nave. The owner told me it used to be a chicken farm and that 'nave' is the name for such an industrial building and for a cattle shed. I recommend A Nave highly, btw.

Thanks I was confused by a ship... nave makes sense.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
In Spanish Ship= Nave but also Barco. But Barco is never used for churches and buildings.
Also, Spaceship is always Aeronave, never Aerobarco.

Most read last week in this forum