• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What will the weather be like in.....

D

Deleted member 397

I'm always amazed that some people ask-often many months ahead 'what will the weather be like in such and such a month'. Frankly it's not a very intelligent question gievn global climate in the last 10 years. I've just finished the camino mozarabe and had every conceivable type of weather from 30+ degrees to rain,mud and temperatures in single figures with freezing cold winds-and this was in may-june. I walked the vdlp in may 2006 and had the opposite with only one brief showery afternoon. Last year I walked from le puy in late june-mid august and like this year had unseasonal weather-all the locals said it was not typical-which is eactly what the locals in spain said this year.
How do you expect someone to tell you what the weather will be like months ahead?-someone on this forum was asking about march next year! Well, here's an answer: It will be hot,windy,raining,snowy and cold.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Travel Agents survive on estimated weather patterns! Although weather is unpredictable, every country, region, town has a weather pattern and history.
EG: If you want to visit Durban, come in April May or June when the weather is generally warm but not too hot, with cool mornings and evenings and very little rain. Durban in December to February has excessive heat and humidity and summer rainfall. Spring is unpredictable with extreme cold, some heat and strong winds.

For weather on the camino, go to Peter's website:
http://www.peterrobins.co.uk/camino/weather.html

Most read last week in this forum