• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What will the weather be like in.....

D

Deleted member 397

I'm always amazed that some people ask-often many months ahead 'what will the weather be like in such and such a month'. Frankly it's not a very intelligent question gievn global climate in the last 10 years. I've just finished the camino mozarabe and had every conceivable type of weather from 30+ degrees to rain,mud and temperatures in single figures with freezing cold winds-and this was in may-june. I walked the vdlp in may 2006 and had the opposite with only one brief showery afternoon. Last year I walked from le puy in late june-mid august and like this year had unseasonal weather-all the locals said it was not typical-which is eactly what the locals in spain said this year.
How do you expect someone to tell you what the weather will be like months ahead?-someone on this forum was asking about march next year! Well, here's an answer: It will be hot,windy,raining,snowy and cold.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Travel Agents survive on estimated weather patterns! Although weather is unpredictable, every country, region, town has a weather pattern and history.
EG: If you want to visit Durban, come in April May or June when the weather is generally warm but not too hot, with cool mornings and evenings and very little rain. Durban in December to February has excessive heat and humidity and summer rainfall. Spring is unpredictable with extreme cold, some heat and strong winds.

For weather on the camino, go to Peter's website:
http://www.peterrobins.co.uk/camino/weather.html

Weather on the Camino
There are many excellent weather sites on the web these days. Here are some links to Weather Online for towns on the Camino Francés. Gives current conditions and 5-day forecasts, plus satellite pictures and weather maps. Pamplona | Logroño | Burgos | León | Santiago
To help your planning, here are 30-year averages for the same towns plus Ponferrada, extracted from information from the Instituto Nacional de Meteorología. For full details, see their website. (For France, see below.) Note that these are for the main towns and do not reflect the variety of weather you will encounter on the Camino; see climatic zones below. You may select either a month for temperatures in all these towns in that month or a town for temperatures for all months in that town. France: 30-year averages by département are available on Météo France's website. For example, Bouches du Rhone (Arles), Haute-Loire (Le Puy), Yonne (Vézelay), Paris

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back