• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Camino Will Provide

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I just want to say that when people say "The Camino Will Provide," don't be surprised if it looks like this:

View attachment 165822
IF IF IF! If my eye operation and other bits of me rally for a last charge, and if I can beg , borrow or steal, the money for an all terrain rollator, this is the picture I will have on my hat: AND I will be singing : " GONNA BE THERE, UP AND OVER ! " Watch this space!

SAMARKAND

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Love the picture!

In my experience the Camino provides, but it will give you what you need, not necessarily what you want.

You might want a private room with own bathroom and might get a mattress on the floor in a dormitory...

You might want to walk 40km/days and get to experience a very slow walk with 5km/day because of injury, learning to apprechiate the small things and to slow down...

You might want a menu del peregrino and what you get is a sandwich.

You might want loneliness but get friendship instead, or the other way around...

You might want a coffee but have to walk all day to get it...

You might want a dog but get a cat...

Often, only afterwards I understand why it was good to have a certain experience that maybe was not entirely pleasant in that moment.

When I got sick and injured, I learned that I am strong and can continue, anyway, after enough time of rest and good self care.

When I lost things, I learned that what I found instead was also sufficient or I didn't need what I lost anyway.

When I got lost I learned to deal with the uncertainty of where the path would lead me.

When I walked for hours along busy roads and highways and through industrial areas, I learned to appreciate the small things of beauty hidden along the way.

When it got hot after days of walking in the cold rain, I learned to love the sun.

When it rained for days, I learned that I do not melt in the rain, and that good company can even make a 30km day in freezing rain and no coffee stops Open into a good experience. 100 shades of grey have never been more beautiful than on a rainy autumn day on the Camino!

And so on.

I know that many do not like the phrase "the Camino provides". But I think it is only problematic for those who translate it to "the Camino will give me everything I want whenever I want it without me having to put in any planning or effort". Then you're in for a rough awakening!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Love the picture!

In my experience the Camino provides, but it will give you what you need, not necessarily what you want.

You might want a private room with own bathroom and might get a mattress on the floor in a dormitory...

You might want to walk 40km/days and get to experience a very slow walk with 5km/day because of injury, learning to apprechiate the small things and to slow down...

You might want loneliness but get friendship instead, or the other way around...

Often, only afterwards I understand why it was good to have a certain experience that maybe was not entirely pleasant in that moment.

When I got sick and injured, I learned that I am strong and can continue, anyway, after enough time of rest and good self care.

When I lost things, I learned that what I found instead was also sufficient or I didn't need what I lost anyway.

When I got lost I learned to deal with the uncertainty of where the path would lead me.

When I walked for hours along busy roads and highways and through industrial areas, I learned to appreciate the small things of beauty hidden along the way.

When it got hot after days of walking in the cold rain, I learned to love the sun.

When it rained for days, I learned that I do not melt in the rain, and that good company can even make a 30km day in freezing rain and no coffee stops Open into a good experience. 100 shades of grey have never been more beautiful than on a rainy autumn day on the Camino!

And so on.

I know that many do not like the phrase "the Camino provides". But I think it is only problematic for those who translate it to "the Camino will give me everything I want whenever I want it without me having to put in any planning or effort". Then you're in for a rough awakening!
That was a beautiful and deep sentiment. Much (maybe all) of what you said can be applicable to our everyday lives, as well. Challenges are inevitable. I’m preparing for my first Camino (and first time to Europe from the USA) and I have faith that everything will work out, always, somehow.

Love the picture!

And so on.

Thank you, good_old_shoes.

Your words were really moving, very beautiful meaning of Camino that should be applied to the daily world and for ourself whenever we reach to that crossroad in our life’s and decide the way to follow.

Iván

In my experience the Camino always provides, however you need to say “yes” and trust that it will be good. Too often, when we’re in need of something, we turn it away when it’s presented to us, not recognizing it as the gift/answer form the Camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Love the picture!

And so on.

An excellent entry which sums up “the Camino will provide” beautifully. I had an experience on day 2 out of SJPdP, the details of which don’t matter here but related to my back and balance. Pilgrims who I had never seen or met before came to my aid, assisted me in the most fantastic way and I was back on my feet the next day, and I have to say bewildered as to how they assisted and how my problem disappeared and never came back. The problem has never reoccurred! I averaged 25km per day all the way to SdC. I am forever grateful to Philipe and Jacques and the Camino for sending these two Frenchmen to me when all seemed lost.

My sentiments precisely good_old_shoes, and wonderful pic anniesantiago! Yes, the Camino will provide, if you remain open to the possibilities. Remember, "Life is like a box of chocolates, ........." Buen Camino. 🚶‍♂️

That was a beautiful and deep sentiment. Much (maybe all) of what you said can be applicable to our everyday lives, as well. Challenges are inevitable. I’m preparing for my first Camino (and first time to Europe from the USA) and I have faith that everything will work out, always, somehow.
Hope you have the most incredible trip ever.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I just want to say that when people say "The Camino Will Provide," don't be surprised if it looks like this:

View attachment 165822
In my humble opinion it’s worth remembering that when we hope the “Camino will provide”, we’re really counting on the generosity, spirit and style of the folk who live along the Camino and make their own way by helping and supporting those of us who walk. The “Camino” that provides is, in fact, people with lives and families, people who go above and beyond.
Not trying to judge or pontificate here; just to remind…myself mostly…that the Camino - as much of life - is nothing without the people committed to its endurance.

In my humble opinion it’s worth remembering that when we hope the “Camino will provide”, we’re really counting on the generosity, spirit and style of the folk who live along the Camino and make their own way by helping and supporting those of us who walk. The “Camino” that provides is, in fact, people with lives and families, people who go above and beyond.
Not trying to judge or pontificate here; just to remind…myself mostly…that the Camino - as much of life - is nothing without the people committed to its endurance.
Thank you,,, beautifully said,

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
In my humble opinion it’s worth remembering that when we hope the “Camino will provide”, we’re really counting on the generosity, spirit and style of the folk who live along the Camino
I would add "and those who walk it" ...

This is true. But I wouldn't dismiss entirely the assistance we also receive from fellow pilgrims or from volunteer hospitaleros who come from all over the world, at their own expense, as well as Spain, to help us along the Camino. The Camino also sometimes provides through these folk.

This is true. But I wouldn't dismiss entirely the assistance we also receive from fellow pilgrims or from volunteer hospitaleros who come from all over the world, at their own expense, as well as Spain, to help us along the Camino. The Camino also sometimes provides through these folk.
An excellent point!
I guess what was trying to say was that when “the Camino” provides, there’s usually a human - or several - for whom the thanks is appropriate.
You are so right in observing that these folk can, and do, come from all over and many times they cross our paths but once.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.