Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

COVID When will Camino Primitivo open for International travellers?

Wanita

Camino(s) past & future
2017 500km of Camino Frances, 2018 Completion of Camino Frances,
July 11,2019 Camino Portuguese
Hello Again, I appreciate your update Ivar. I am from Canada and have a trip planned this summer, starting July 17th, to do Camino Del Norte to Oviedo and then Primitivo to Santiago. I wonder if there is any update on if both routes will be open and if all of the albergues will be open too? And most important, if there is any indication for a prospective date for international travel opening up again?

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Hello Again, I appreciate your update Ivar. I am from Canada and have a trip planned this summer, starting July 17th, to do Camino Del Norte to Oviedo and then Primitivo to Santiago. I wonder if there is any update on if both routes will be open and if all of the albergues will be open too? And most important, if there is any indication for a prospective date for international travel opening up again?
I believe that the date is July 1st. There is an entire subforum dedicated to all things Covid related, including which albergues will be open on the different routes.

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
Good luck - Keep us all posted please...

Camineiro

Camino(s) past & future
several
As far as I know, the EU will keep the borders closed for all non-european visitors ufn.
Travelling within the EU from juin 15th will only be possible for european citizens.
Spain opens their borders for non-spaniards from july 1st.

Peadarmac

Irlandes Pedro
Camino(s) past & future
Astorga-S de C '11,'18,19
St Jean-Belorado '13 & '17
Belorado-Astorga '15
Fisterra-Muxia '11,'18,'19
Don’t go. Give our Spanish friends time and space to grieve and breathe again after such traumatic times. The Camino will wait for us .....

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock