• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Where in Santiago could I buy a bottle of Laphroaig whiskey?

Stephen

Time of past OR future Camino
Twice walked from St Jean to Estella and once from Sarria to Santiago. Maybe someday I'll find the time to do the entire walk.
I've found the time. Just completed SJPP to Santiago. 25 Aug to 1st Oct, 2016.
And now the Portuguese from Lisbon.
This will be a gift for a fellow pilgrim.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hard to know, go to the big department store El Corte Ingles, in the gourmet section they might have it, if they do not have exactly that one, they might still have Tallisker. El Corte Ingles does have it in their online store, so it will most likely be available there too, 10 year single malt, and a lot cheaper than in Scotland probably too!

It is not in the most central location, but it should be walking distance from the train station

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
El Corte Ingles is not far from the railway station in Santiago. Just round the corner and up a hill a little way.
Easy walking.

I have just remembered this. There is a bus that goes from near the railway station past El Corte Ingles and stops across the road from the shop.
From the station go up the steps, cross the little bridge and the road, walk downhill and the bus stop is at the end of the second street on the right.
You will have to ask at the station, because I have forgotten the number of the bus ,but it goes to Os Tilos and the hotel Los Tilos.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Is it for me?

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
They did have the Laphroaig and also some Glenmorangie. It's nice to be able to contrast the very different flavours of these two.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
BQ722D
True enough. I almost had to hold my nose to get the first one down but after that it became quite moreish.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You mean medicinal taste !
Peat taste, not so much medicine! A fellow pilgrim, Hervey Magnall, owns a restaurant in England that carries over 500 different whiskies, mostly single malt. The taste varieties are nearly endless; many are oak, many are sherry, many are aged in several different woods. Most Laphraoig is very earthy, "peat" in most descriptions. As the distillery says, "A big, peaty slap in the face." And "Release the pungent, earthy aroma of the blue peat smoke, the sweet nuttiness of the barley and the heathery perfume of Islay’s streams."

Buy a shot before you buy a bottle! (The bottle may sit on the shelf for awhile if it is not to your taste.)

Yes, I had an office on Islay for some years and I've visited all of the distilleries. Laphroig is the peatiest of the Islay malts imho. My preference is for Bunnahabhain or Lagavulin. The island is beautiful with some excellent walking.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You mean medicinal taste !

That is exactly the term I think of when drinking it. Scotch demands a refined pallet....or at least I like to think so, but for those that like it, it becomes the stuff most loved. Take it neat or have some spring water across the room just to loosen the smell, but do not let water get any closer. Cheers

Most read last week in this forum