• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Where is everyone right now? October 2021

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Pulled into Santillana del Mar, where we'll be staying for the night. Ultimate goal is Primitivo and then FisMuxia.

Curious where all the other active walkers are currently hanging out.
Almost finished your planned route, Santiago tomorrow then on to Muxia on 6th :) Buen Camino!

Pulled into Santillana del Mar, where we'll be staying for the night. Ultimate goal is Primitivo and then FisMuxia.

If you are going all the way and you are staying on the Norte, I would tell you to get used to it. After Gijon it gets quieter and quieter until you get really close to Santiago. If you are going all the way I would highly recommend staying here.
It is a beautiful albergue in the middle of the woods. The owners are just fantastic and serve a wonderful dinner and everything is more than warm and comfortable and welcoming. If you are walking please stop. You will not regret it and you will be helping a wonderful young married couple who have a gem of an albergue. There is only one review on Gronze but on Booking it received a 9.7 for over 100 reviews. Don't book with Booking as they take a big chunk of money. Book direct. Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Castro-Urdiales.. fantastic place to stop!
Getting ready for a couple of long days.

In LEDIGOS on the Frances! I think we passed the 1/2 way for the Frances today, however coming Le Puy we passed our 1/2 way point awhile ago , but not certain when that was…Having a great time!!!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Porto and will be starting the Central on Tuesday. Had a quick look at the Costal route which looks great. May need to do it someday.

Attachments

• 96C40A0E-BA54-45B4-9F6C-0D2685A6264C.jpeg
    96C40A0E-BA54-45B4-9F6C-0D2685A6264C.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 452F580D-9437-4A75-87E1-D4ACAD986619.jpeg
    452F580D-9437-4A75-87E1-D4ACAD986619.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
Porto and will be starting the Central on Tuesday. Had a quick look at the Costal route which looks great. May need to do it someday.
I think you should. I know every Camino is completely different. After walking the Norte I learned that a coastal camino really adds a wonderful new feel. I walked the CP in 2017 from Lisbon but I stayed on the Central route all the way. Next year I will start in Faro. (The more time I can spend in Portugal with all those wonderful people the better) and when I get to Porto I will definitely do the coastal and the Spiritual Variant. Walking on the coast is wonderful. Check it out. I bet you will be very happy with that scenario.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Herrerias on the CF. O'Cebreiro tomorrow !

Porto (again).

I had a guided tour of Porto today and posed the question about Central v Coastal. Local guide said Coastal - so yet another change of plans.

I don’t know if I am flexible or indecisive (work that one out).

Do you mean starting Oct 12, 2021 from Porto ? Are you planning to do the coastal route?
I am in Barcelona now, planning to fly in to Porto this Sunday and start my camino from there.
How many people are there ? While I can walk alone, I would appreciate some company along the way.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Moving at 50k a day so will be finished by the 10th.

Have passed a few walkers. Not as many as the CF but you’ll bump into a few.

Good news is the weather is good, at least this week. And the Portuguese are lovely. Really welcoming.

I’m here

Attachments

• E0D5ED14-5B59-446B-AAA3-071AA7A02A44.jpeg
    E0D5ED14-5B59-446B-AAA3-071AA7A02A44.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 6
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Casa Morgade Just between Sarria and poromarin Lovely place
Oohh, Casa Morgade. I have such good memories. I posted about them a few years ago, and will paste it in here, because this is a very special place.

I can tell you that the family who runs the casa rural in Morgade is absolutely delightful. I stayed there in 2000, when it had just opened. At that point it had a six room Albergue, and a small café for drinks. The woman who owned the place made the five of us dinner downstairs. She told us a lot about her life story, a young woman from the big city of Bilbao who fell in love with a farmer from Morgade. To the disbelief of her urban family, she picked up and moved to the farm. She told me she had never regretted it, and had become quite an expert at doing things like making chorizo and sausage, helping out with the livestock, etc. And a little Albergue kept her busy as well.

Fast forward 15 years, and I once again passed by Casa Morgade, this time just for a drink. I asked the young man serving me whether the woman from Bilbao was still involved in what had expanded to a huge restaurant and rural hotel. He took me into the kitchen, and there she was, still working, still smiling, still loving it. She was now being helped by two more generations of family members. Though she didn't remember me, we sat and talked for a while and she reflected on how her life changed all those years ago when she left Bilbao as a young girl in love with a farmer. She was obviously, and justifiably, very proud of the business she and her family had built.In my opinion, the Casa Morgade is an absolutely great place to stop. Good quality, honest business people, and very good treatment. They deserve all of the business they get.

So often, people who devote themselves to serving pilgrims get burned out and resentful as the years go by. Not this very special family.

Oohh, Casa Morgade. I have such good memories. I posted about them a few years ago, and will paste it in here, because this is a very special place.

I can tell you that the family who runs the casa rural in Morgade is absolutely delightful. I stayed there in 2000, when it had just opened. At that point it had a six room Albergue, and a small café for drinks. The woman who owned the place made the five of us dinner downstairs. She told us a lot about her life story, a young woman from the big city of Bilbao who fell in love with a farmer from Morgade. To the disbelief of her urban family, she picked up and moved to the farm. She told me she had never regretted it, and had become quite an expert at doing things like making chorizo and sausage, helping out with the livestock, etc. And a little Albergue kept her busy as well.

Fast forward 15 years, and I once again passed by Casa Morgade, this time just for a drink. I asked the young man serving me whether the woman from Bilbao was still involved in what had expanded to a huge restaurant and rural hotel. He took me into the kitchen, and there she was, still working, still smiling, still loving it. She was now being helped by two more generations of family members. Though she didn't remember me, we sat and talked for a while and she reflected on how her life changed all those years ago when she left Bilbao as a young girl in love with a farmer. She was obviously, and justifiably, very proud of the business she and her family had built.In my opinion, the Casa Morgade is an absolutely great place to stop. Good quality, honest business people, and very good treatment. They deserve all of the business they get.

So often, people who devote themselves to serving pilgrims get burned out and resentful as the years go by. Not this very special family.
I stayed there last night and really enjoyed it. Very relaxing and homey

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Just south of Santiago having breakfast. Left in the darkness to avoid the sun. Was not the first out and now very busy with Spaniards and Portuguese

Carión de los Condes. Town is full of Spanish tourists for the holiday weekend.

Villanúa walking down from Somport. I aim to be in Jaca on Wednesday and Santa Cilia on Thursday.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.