• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

where to stay in Santiago

Charles Bello

I will be arriving in Santiago Sunday afternoon (July 26) with my two teenage sons. Can anyone suggest an inexpensive place to stay for a couple of evenings?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Charles - by far the cheapest place to stay would be in a family room or a room for three people. These are not unusual and friends of mine used one for two nights last week. Not every hostal/hotel provides them but many do. They stayed at the Hostal Linares. There are postings on the forum with recommendations and the tourist office and pilgrims' office have lists - find the hostal and e mail them to ask about a triple room if this is your choice.

Buen Camino

John

Hi Charles,
I stayed at 'A NOSA CASA', Entremuralles 9 - Te. 981 585 926. The manager was very helpful as he only had a double room. He moved me into a cheap single for the second night! Worth phoning round to see what the prices are. Usually you pay for the room. As you need one with 3 beds you may find that they are willing to put a third 'put-u-up' bed in a double. i guess it will depend on fire regs. etc.
Enjoy your stay in a beautiful city!

Walk well and Safely
Tio Tel

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Charles,
Five of us stayed here. We found the staff very helpful, friendly and informed. Rooms are clean, back rooms are probably quieter however.
Location was good. Price was very reasonable. It's not very large.
Jerry

Hotel Avenida
Fonte de San Antonio, 5
Santiago de Compostela 15702
Spain

train to Leon and then a bus to Piedrafita

I am planning on ridding the train to Leon and then catch the Alsa bus to Piedrafita / O Cebreiro to begin my pilgrimage. Does anyone know how far the Alsa bus station is from the train station in Leon, and if so, how to get there?
Or is there a better plan to get to O Cebreiro?

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Hello Charles
i am not sure of the actual addresses but the bus and train stations in Leon are very close to each other, a few minutes walk away. They are usually well signposted.
Enjoy.

Both are just across the river from the main street into Leon. The bus station is a block down the river -- Avenida Ingeniero Sáenz De Miera S/N 24009 Leon, Spain 987 211 000; the train station is a block away from the river -- Calle de Astorga, 24009 León, Spain‎ - 902 240 202‎.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back