• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Wind then snow at Roncesvalles

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

Some winter weather is on the way Saturday and Sunday. Starting with wind to 50 mph, then two inches of snow. It may be uncomfortable, but not disastrous.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Now they are guessing four inches of snow. Roncesvalles is a lower elevation than the crest, so there may be more snow at the higher elevations.

Buen camino if you are out there!

50 kph or 50 mph wind ... in snow conditions? (strong gale is 47 - 54 mph 9 out of 12 on Beaufort Scale) That's white out conditions and hypothermia conditions. Get a pilgrim somewhat wet and somewhat tired, particularly if he isn't equipped for it and doesn't have good navigation skills ... that's a recipe for disaster.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
But it can also be a beautiful experience if you know what you're doing

Al, I love your idea of a canvas photograph. I'm going to get one done ASAP. BTW, I've just received a calendar ordered from Amazon of the "Camino de Santiago", with a beautiful picture of the bronze scallop shell in a wet Burgos pavement on the front. I think you'd like it.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Didn't want to be accused of advertising!

Snow at Roncesvalles and O Cebreiro. AEMet is predicting 18cm accumulation in Roncesvalles through Sunday, and continuing snow until at least Friday.

It looks to be ankle deep in O Cebreiro.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
About an inch of snow on the meseta, and wind in your face. Damp and drippy, but the pilgrims just keep coming!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The prediction for the Pyrenees for the next week is a foot of snow and strong winds plus an avalanche danger.

Most read last week in this forum