• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Winter Blues

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
January 25th already! Nearly through it! Only been back from Spain for 12 days and have already given in badly and bought new footwear, new backpack and a flight for May 10th! Roll on May as at this rate I will be to brasic lint to be able to afford to go!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
@Al the optimist, I know exactly how you feel and what you are saying. I completed a Camino Frances in October, 2013 and had already made arrangements to return to walk the Camino Portugues in April, 2014 before I left home. Once I returned to the States in October I began making arrangements for a Camino Ingles in August, 2014.
I've spent most of this month purchasing a new lighter weight pack, new boots, actually an almost totally new kit as everything needed replacing and of course my airline tickets. I leave for the Portugues on April 4th. I, too am hoping the the time rolls on by quickly and the money fairy drops some extra spending money in my Camino account.
I absolutely love being on Camino, I guess you can say I've been bitten!

Buen Camino!

I saw that there are plenty of flights from Madrid (where I am living) to Oporto for 20 euros, so I have booked one for Feb. 5th. I couldn't resist fitting in a quickie. Winter is certainly to blame.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Freescot my amor lives in Navacerrada so in two weeks I will be strolling along that bit of the Camino Madrid every day but it is just not the same.

A cold, wet murky day in the Emerald Isle, even the ducks are carrying umbrellas but hopefully will have flights booked in about 7 days to return to the C. F. in early June, a short one this time, probably from Triacastela to Santiago but with 3 ladies new to the Camino who will doubtless be more than happy to do my laundry and cook my dinner in return for my route finding skills.

Freescot my amor lives in Navacerrada so in two weeks I will be strolling along that bit of the Camino Madrid every day but it is just not the same.
I missed this, Al, since I went off walking during the storms. I see from another post you were pilgrim spotting and now doubt indulged in much more. The walks from Cercedilla, including the Camino Schmitt, which I see you have discovered are wonderful but just now there is too much snow for my sandals.
My winter blues were properly blown away in Galicia.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum