• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Women not as strong as men.

David

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
Ah! - thought that title would get you here pretty quick!! :D

So - this myth about men and women and strength and endurance .. over here in the UK there is a long mountainous race up in the Pennines - wild moorland, bleak but beautiful .... so, here is the story of the woman who took the really tough 'man's' race on ....

Jasmin Paris just won the 268-mile Montane Spine Race up in the Pennines, whilst expressing milk at the aid stops for her 14 month old baby .. beat all comers, male and female, and smashed the record by twelve hours! First female to win overall. She trained early mornings whilst her baby and husband were still asleep - and she is 35!! -

Yep. Women definitely not as strong as men :D:D:D

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ling-286-mile-montane-spice-race-ultrarunning

Oh, and she ran with a backpack and 268 miles is well over half the distance from St Jean to Santiago - and she did it in 83 hours!!!

and if you want to see her run -

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
:eek: yes, indeed. The weaker vessel.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A woman this last summer shattered the unassisted traverse of the pacific crest trail. 2650 miles in 62 days,including re-supplies and everything else.We can see who is the weaker sex! We have seen the weaker and it is us!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Amazing story. Thanks!

I've often thought about the topic of which sex is "stronger" and usually when I get to the idea of trying to carry a baby for 9 months in my stomach (or thereabouts) I usually come up with my answer.

Hats off to women!

The story of the Donner Party of 1847 in U.S. history is a great example of the strength of women. 10 men and 5 women set out on snowshoe to try to find help. 8 of the 10 men died. All 5 women survived.

Donner Party
In the Caingorn mountain range there is a statistic for survivors in bad weather that show women are more likely to survive than men!

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Only the Donner women knew how to cook.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ah! - thought that title would get you here pretty quick!! :D

So - this myth about men and women and strength and endurance .. over here in the UK there is a long mountainous race up in the Pennines - wild moorland, bleak but beautiful .... so, here is the story of the woman who took the really tough 'man's' race on ....

Jasmin Paris just won the 268-mile Montane Spine Race up in the Pennines, whilst expressing milk at the aid stops for her 14 month old baby .. beat all comers, male and female, and smashed the record by twelve hours! First female to win overall. She trained early mornings whilst her baby and husband were still asleep - and she is 35!! -

Yep. Women definitely not as strong as men :D:D:D

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ling-286-mile-montane-spice-race-ultrarunning

Oh, and she ran with a backpack and 268 miles is well over half the distance from St Jean to Santiago - and she did it in 83 hours!!!

and if you want to see her run -

That was absolutely spectacular. Thank you!

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back