• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Your most incredible Camino story.

lindseh

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, April/May 2011; May/June 2013; upcoming 2016 Camino
We all have unbelievable stories from our Caminos and from our experiences and interactions with fellow pilgrims. Funny, absurd, enlightening, beautiful, heartbreaking. It would be impossible to not have stories like this, with the diversity and quality of people that we meet every literal step of the way. I haven't found any discussion to share these stories, which for me are the meat and potatoes of the Camino.

(I've deleted mine, because I hate that it's on here and nobody really cared enough to talk about it or share their own stories.)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi!

My story isn't incredible but similar to yours Lindsey. I met two Brazilian brothers while walking the Camino Ingles. Between English, Portuguese and Spanish we just about managed to communicate with each other and had a good laugh for the couple of days walking together.

However when we got to Bruma and we were sitting outside the albergue waiting for the brothers' taxi to take them to their hostal the younger brother explained to me why they were walking. His 9 year old daughter had been killed in a car accident about 6 months before in Sao Paolo. He showed me photos of his beautiful little daughter on his mobile phone and I was in tears. :( He was hoping to fly on to Israel to finish his pilgrimage in Jerusalem, and I'd been there the previous year so was able to offer some suggestions. He had very limited time, so I don't know if he made it.

There are so many stories and we can never assume anything about the people we meet.

Buen Camino!

tyrrek said:
There are so many stories and we can never assume anything about the people we meet.

So true. There's a sad story behind almost every face... particularly on the Camino, it would seem.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
There's a sad story behind almost every face.
And just as many happy stories, I think. I never have understood why the sad stories seems to come out first. Maybe everyone thinks they are more interesting than the happy ones, or maybe they are just the ones that pilgrims are working through. Get someone talking about their children, grandchildren, travel, a job they love, or the best food they have found, and the conversation can turn much less depressing!

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.