• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Zariquiegui:For those that have gone before me (at least in the last 2 months)

Lyndale

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances Aug(2013), Portuguese (2018) Le Puy (2019)
Leaving in two weeks and making some reservations ahead of time. Having an issue with Zariquiegui. It appears Posada Ardogi is no longer open. Correct? Also Hostel San Andres says it will take reservations but only has phone numbers. . Since I'm in Seattle I've tried late at night (early morning there) and also early morning here (early evening there). Setting my alarm for middle of the night tonight! Anyone stayed at San Andres lately are they open?
Thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Have checked their numbers on Gronze and +34 626 161 183 is on WhatsApp. The other isn't

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have tried numerous times over the last few months to contact the San Andrés albergue, as they were closed when I passed by in person early in the Summer. So far, I have not had any response to WhatsApp, or landline, or calls to the mobile listed on Gronze. Comments in the app don't give me any reason to think that they are open.

This is important to know as there are not many beds in Cizur Menor these days.

I passed by Zariquiegui the other day. The day before I tried calling San Andres on 2 published numbers, no answer. On one of them I left a message, but they didn't call back. So, on the morning of my walk I made up my mind and pressed on to Uterga. I didn't go to the albergue's door to check, but other pilgrims I met at Uterga said they were forced to go that far because there was nowhere to stay at Cizur Menor or Zariquiegui.
This was just 3-4 days ago.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My latest info is that both albergues there are closed and have been for several years now.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Leaving in two weeks and making some reservations ahead of time. Having an issue with Zariquiegui. It appears Posada Ardogi is no longer open. Correct? Also Hostel San Andres says it will take reservations but only has phone numbers. . Since I'm in Seattle I've tried late at night (early morning there) and also early morning here (early evening there). Setting my alarm for middle of the night tonight! Anyone stayed at San Andres lately are they open?
Thanks
As I do not know your itinerary or how far you like to walk I was just wondering if there was an important reason that you wanted to stay in this town. It seems like you have invested some effort and some stress. I read here that Cizur Menor is tight on beds and it is another 6k to the next town. If it would make for too long a day why don't you just make a short day and enjoy Pamplona. Again I have no idea of your situation, just wondering.

I passed by Zariquiegui the other day. The day before I tried calling San Andres on 2 published numbers, no answer. On one of them I left a message, but they didn't call back. So, on the morning of my walk I made up my mind and pressed on to Uterga. I didn't go to the albergue's door to check, but other pilgrims I met at Uterga said they were forced to go that far because there was nowhere to stay at Cizur Menor or Zariquiegui.

Thank you for this update. Looks like its going yo be Uterga.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Just coming back to this from a bit left-field by checking the Correos Paq Mochila website. They offer collections from 3 locations in Zariquiegui - Albergue San Andrés, El Albergue de Zariquiegui and La Posada de Ardogi.

You might send them an email asking them if they collect from Zariquiegui as you have heard there is no accommodation there. They'll check and come back to you.

The local postman should know.

Just coming back to this from a bit left-field by checking the Correos Paq Mochila website. They offer collections from 3 locations in Zariquiegui - Albergue San Andrés, El Albergue de Zariquiegui and La Posada de Ardogi.

You might send them an email asking them if they collect from Zariquiegui as you have heard there is no accommodation there. They'll check and come back to you.

The local postman should know.
I live in Zizur Mayor, and I go up to Alto del Perdon several days a weeks. In Zariquiegui there aren not currently albergues open.

A fellow pilgrim told me that, as there was no accommodation at Zariquiegui, he decided to camp there. There was a nice lawn next to the church, and set up camp there.
Then, some guard (Guardia Civil? I'm not sure) told him to get out of there, without further explanation, and pointed to another outdoor location where he could stay. But this location was on hard concrete. After a while, the pilgrim decided to go back to the cushy lawn, positioning himself so that he couldn't be seen from the road. All was well until the automatic irrigation system came on at 3am, giving him no time to react, getting him and his gear quite wet before he could get out. Beware!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back