• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If you think it is too hard, be inspired by this guy.  I was.
pensioner45

If you think it is too hard, be inspired by this guy. I was.

No kidding! We were also on the Camino last August and were similarly inspired by a guy at our albergue one night who was in a wheelchair. More than a few additional challenges to face for him!

I met a man from Australia walking for himself and to raise money for Parkinsons, which he had. We walked and talked for a couple of hours, a huge inspiration for me and others.

Many people walking the Camino have stories to tell that inspire, talk to them, understand and empathise.

I also met two people with cancer that was inoperable and was slowly killing them, one has died. He told me walking the Camino made him feel alive and what was he going to do... sit on the couch and die!

I met a British BLIND, 82-YEAR OLD lady at San Nicolas del Real Camino walking with a neighbor. All her life she had dreamed about traveling to Spain and walking the whole Camino Frances. She walked a max of 12 kms a day, frequent stops, her neighbor was caring for her in such a patient, loving way. Both women were inspiring.

Near Herrerias (between Villafranca & O'Cebreiro) I past two men/pilgrims both with robust artificial limbs (one had 2 the other 1) and they had a powered wheelchair. They appeared to be sharing the chair - one walking for a while the other driving. Unfortunately I was unable to communicate with them - but yes like our pilgrim above they were an inspiration.

Media information

Category
Camino Frances
Added by
pensioner45
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device
Canon Canon PowerShot G12
Aperture
ƒ/4
Focal length
6.1 mm
Exposure time
1/320 second(s)
ISO
Flash
Off, did not fire
Filename
IMG_1976.jpg
File size
455.4 KB
Date taken
Thu, 10 May 2012 8:22 AM
Dimensions
2992px x 1995px

Share this media

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back