• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Conques to cahors or cahors to lectour

ofer ofer

Time of past OR future Camino
hi
i have about 8-9 days
which is nicer (nature,historic beautiful placeds) qonque to cahor or cahor to lectour?or maybe burgus to leon?
which is easier to have public transportation at the begining and at the end?
is it o.k to walk at the end of may ?
thank you

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
hi
i have about 8-9 days
which is nicer (nature,historic beautiful placeds) qonque to cahor or cahor to lectour?
which is easier to have public transportation at the begining and at the end?
is it o.k to walk at the end of may ?
thank you

Where will you arrive from at the beginning of your hike and where will you go at its conclusion? This will enable forum members to better help you.

Conques is a little difficult as far as access. There is a bus to Rodez daily, I believe. Or you can use one of the transport services to take you to or from Figeac.

If you truly want nature, beauty, and historic places, I would suggest the possibility of Aumont-Aubrac (it's served by rail/bus service) to Conques. I have walked this route twice and it might be the most beautiful segment of the whole Voie du Puy. Travel onward from Conques would depend on where you will be heading.

Conques to Cahors could involve a visit to the very scenic (and touristed) St. Cirq-Lapopie. However IMO Conques to Cahors would be a lot less scenic than if you started at Aumont-Aubrac.

Conques to Lectoure also offers scenic beauty and several very beautiful villages/towns. Check the site Rome2rio to find bus service onward.

Yes, it is okay to walk at the end of May. Might just be warm.

Tom

if i want also as you suggest where do suggest i should begin walking with easy access?
village du aubrac is on the camino? i may want to stay a night there...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
if i want also as you suggest where do suggest i should begin walking with easy access?
village du aubrac is on the camino? i may want to stay a night there...

To avoid confusion, there is the small town of Aumont-Aubrac which has rail/bus service from French gateway cities like Paris or Marseilles. There are several places to stay in Aumont-Aubrac. You would start your hike from there and soon traverse the Plateau d'Aubrac.

There is also the village of Aubrac which is on the Voie (Chemin) du Puy and which offers several places to sleep and, amazingly, a couple of very good restaurants. Aubrac is not serviced by train or bus. Aubrac is 35 kms from Aumont-Aubrac. Conques is 113 kms from Aumont-Aubrac.

You say you have 8-9 days. You could easily walk from Aumont-Aubrac to Figeac...a total of about 163 kms. Figeac offers rail connections for your return.

I can recommend the entire trail between Aumont-Aubrac except the section from Conques to Decazeville. That section contains a lot of road walking. On our last hike we stayed in Conques until early afternoon and then took a van to Decazeville. That gave us more time to explore Conques. There is a tourist office in Conques and they can help you.

There is also an organ recital in the Abbey-Church of St. Foy in Conques which is followed by a talk (in French) about the tympanum of that church. I highly recommend this. Many hikers stay in the old monastery behind the church.

One more thing. Here is a planning website that shows the distances between towns on the entire Voie du Puy. It is very helpful. There is an English version and also a Spanish version.
http://www.godesalco.com/plan/podense

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back