• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim Tips & Packing List Camino de Santiago

Pilgrim Tips & Packing List Camino de Santiago 1.0

No permission to buy ($2.99)
The normal price above refers to the US Kindle edition, you can find this book (and its relevant price) on your national Amazon site by typing
"pilgrim tips packing list"
into the search field on "your" Amazon site!

Available both for Kindle and as a paperback, this book helps you to prepare for your first Camino. It covers the following topics and helps you to make informed decisions about all things "Camino preparation":
  • When to go, which way to choose and different ways to "do the Camino"
  • Things that are different in Europe (from a North-American perspective)
  • Health / Safety / Security advice
  • A typical pilgrim's day
  • Technology on the Camino
  • Methods of achieving a light-weight backpack
  • Specific tips for men and women
  • Walk-through each item of gear you (might) need
  • Extensive appendix with lots of useful addresses
  • Many pilgrim stories to make it a more lively read
  • and much more ...

If you are still not sure if this book is right for you, just use the preview function on Amazon to read the beginning and consult also the reviews it has received on Amazon.

My website is mainly in German, but via the "Support Link" on the right hand side you can send me a message with any questions / suggestions you might have. I will answer them to the best of my ability!

Buen Camino, SY

PS I had to re-publish this resource due to technical reasons (Ivar knows the story ;-)) and lost so a review from one forum member. I post it below until he, hopefully gets around and is so kind to post it again here "properly".

***** Review from JohnJH3 Version: 2013-08-13
I think I bought this the day it was released! Very practical guide. Friendly, engaging writing style. Good advise for first timers like my wife and me. Downloadable packing list was easy to import into excel, was modifiable and served as an excellent basis for choosing and gathering our gear. Our hearts and our packs are light, and we are ready to go

And here my reply to it:
Author's Response Thanks JohnJH3! I haven't seen this earlier (still getting my head around the new forum layout ;-) Glad that my / our book proved to be useful for you! Buen Camino! SY

CoverWeb2.jpg
Author
SYates
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from SYates

Latest updates

1. Lower Amazon.com Price

Hi, me again, my book (Kindle version) is now also available for a reduced price (Count Down...
  2. Lower Price at Amazon.co.uk

This book will be available at a special (lower!) price in the UK Kindle Store From 30th January...
  3. Lower Price

This book will be available at a special (lower!) price in the US Kindle Store from 13th to 20th...

Latest reviews

Really succinct, practical and helpful especially to myself as first time Camino walker in May - wish I had found it sooner would have saved me a lot of questions and money!
SYates
SYates
Thanks a lot for your kind words! Glad you found it useful. Buen Camino! SY

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back