into the search field on "your" Amazon site!
Available both for Kindle and as a paperback, this book helps you to prepare for your first Camino. It covers the following topics and helps you to make informed decisions about all things "Camino preparation":
- When to go, which way to choose and different ways to "do the Camino"
- Things that are different in Europe (from a North-American perspective)
- Health / Safety / Security advice
- A typical pilgrim's day
- Technology on the Camino
- Methods of achieving a light-weight backpack
- Specific tips for men and women
- Walk-through each item of gear you (might) need
- Extensive appendix with lots of useful addresses
- Many pilgrim stories to make it a more lively read
- and much more ...
If you are still not sure if this book is right for you, just use the preview function on Amazon to read the beginning and consult also the reviews it has received on Amazon.
My website is mainly in German, but via the "Support Link" on the right hand side you can send me a message with any questions / suggestions you might have. I will answer them to the best of my ability!
Buen Camino, SY
PS I had to re-publish this resource due to technical reasons (Ivar knows the story ;-)) and lost so a review from one forum member. I post it below until he, hopefully gets around and is so kind to post it again here "properly".
***** Review from JohnJH3 Version: 2013-08-13
I think I bought this the day it was released! Very practical guide. Friendly, engaging writing style. Good advise for first timers like my wife and me. Downloadable packing list was easy to import into excel, was modifiable and served as an excellent basis for choosing and gathering our gear. Our hearts and our packs are light, and we are ready to go
And here my reply to it:
Author's Response Thanks JohnJH3! I haven't seen this earlier (still getting my head around the new forum layout ;-) Glad that my / our book proved to be useful for you! Buen Camino! SY