• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

1 year after reflections

Ullali

Singer Songwriter
Time of past OR future Camino
Sept. 2014 Camino Frances
Oooh oh! I just realized that these days, one year ago, I was in Spain, walking the Camino (French way) with a huge smile on my face, in hot sunshine and not a care in the world. Just walking, reflecting and being basically just major happy, free and thankful, appreciating all the little things, that really are the big things, in life. Sighing and smiling all the time. What an amazing adventure and experience. Sigh!

It is so amazing to think about how that 'little' (360 km), 3½ weeks walk, has been with be every single day since then! It's hard to explain, I guess you would have to try it, to really understand it. I know you probably do! ;)

The feeling of freedom, appreciation, not a care in the world and that you have everything you really need, right there on your shoulders, it really beats everything else I have ever tried, (well except recording my own songs in a studio in Nashville, but that's another overwhelming kind of total happiness). :)

It's funny to find myself still appreciating this walk so much one year later, and then be in a totally different situation, working night and day on a rather stressful, (but also very good!), project. I'm lucky, I can do and enjoy both. But I am still learning from the Camino and actually also changing things in my life, so my everyday is, and will be more, like how I felt on the Camino, (again!... after this 4 months crazy project, but ya have to make a living, right!?).

The Camino spirit is still in me and I know I shall have to go back there again, one fine day, after this busy project. ZAP me over now! :D

Yeah I DID write and record a new Camino song, together with my awesome co-writer in Nashville, from the AFTER point of view, I just haven't made a new video YET! When I have, I will share it with ya. So far I only have the BEFORE-longing song (Happy Road), which I have posted earlier.

Buen Camino....I miss it! :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Oooh oh! I just realized that these days, one year ago, I was in Spain, walking the Camino (French way) with a huge smile on my face, in hot sunshine and not a care in the world. Just walking, reflecting and being basically just major happy, free and thankful, appreciating all the little things, that really are the big things, in life. Sighing and smiling all the time. What an amazing adventure and experience. Sigh!

It is so amazing to think about how that 'little' (360 km), 3½ weeks walk, has been with be every single day since then! It's hard to explain, I guess you would have to try it, to really understand it. I know you probably do! ;)

The feeling of freedom, appreciation, not a care in the world and that you have everything you really need, right there on your shoulders, it really beats everything else I have ever tried, (well except recording my own songs in a studio in Nashville, but that's another overwhelming kind of total happiness). :)

It's funny to find myself still appreciating this walk so much one year later, and then be in a totally different situation, working night and day on a rather stressful, (but also very good!), project. I'm lucky, I can do and enjoy both. But I am still learning from the Camino and actually also changing things in my life, so my everyday is, and will be more, like how I felt on the Camino, (again!... after this 4 months crazy project, but ya have to make a living, right!?).

The Camino spirit is still in me and I know I shall have to go back there again, one fine day, after this busy project. ZAP me over now! :D

Yeah I DID write and record a new Camino song, together with my awesome co-writer in Nashville, from the AFTER point of view, I just haven't made a new video YET! When I have, I will share it with ya. So far I only have the BEFORE-longing song (Happy Road), which I have posted earlier.

Hi, I walked the Camino Frances last April / May and it was fantastic. It is become an addiction for me. For me it started with the preparation with my wife for here Camino Frances in 2013. Last year we walked together from Sarria to Finistere and that was very nice to. We both miss it, only for my wife no 800km walks only a bit shorter so next year we walk together from Porto to Santiago.
I will coming back every year to walk a different Camino.
Wish everybody the same joy as we had /have . Buen Camino, Peter.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

I really enjoyed listening to your song!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back