• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

100 year old travel narrative...

kellyz

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Astorga to Santiago, 2010
Camino Frances SJPP to Muxia, 2011
Camino del Salvador, 2012
Camino Primitivo 2012
Camino Portuguese, Coastal, 2013
Has anyone else here read Four Months Afoot in Spain by Harry Franck, 1911. I found it in my local used bookstore. It's not consciously a Camino narrative, and yet he describes his walk from Lugo to Oviedo and Oviedo to Leon, a backwards Camino del Salvaor and Primitivo! Quite an interesting little piece of old travel narrative. I could scan some pages if anyone is interested.
Kelly

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Has anyone else here read Four Months Afoot in Spain by Harry Franck, 1911. I found it in my local used bookstore. It's not consciously a Camino narrative, and yet he describes his walk from Lugo to Oviedo and Oviedo to Leon, a backwards Camino del Salvaor and Primitivo! Quite an interesting little piece of old travel narrative. I could scan some pages if anyone is interested.
Kelly

Sounds like you found a treasure in your bookstore Kelly! I'd be very interested in reading those pages.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just reread those portions last night. He is certainly walking in the neighborhood of the Primitivo. He takes the train from Oviedo to Lugo.
What I most enjoyed was reading his brief descriptions of eating meals inside village homes in Galicia.
The old-school cultural stereotyping/condescension is prevalent. Of course.
If anyone buys it let me know.
I have the reprint, only a very few photos.

I've just ordered the book. Thanks for this info Kelly. I'm intrigued. Looks like Harry Franck wrote a whole series of books about his travels.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm definitely going to check out his "Tramping through Mexico..."

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back