• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

100k Camino over one week

Ashley Moran Nunn

Time of past OR future Camino
French way
Hi All,
I would like to walk the final 100k of the Camino this coming October.
I can fly Ryanair to either Biarritz, Santander or possibly Madrid. I’ve been searching for hours for some sort of reasonable way to get to a starting point like Sarria from any of these airports but I’m just hitting a wall every time. I’m almost to the point where I’d consider a tour company but not quite.
What I’d love to do is find a simple way to join the last 100km of the way - any of them! and just have a simple map and walk.
Can anyone help?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Most people flying into Spain to walk from Sarria seem to fly to Santiago then travel to Sarria by bus - from Santiago to Lugo then changing there for Sarria. If you fly into Madrid it is possible to take a train to Sarria. You can search for trains on renfe.com. To walk the Camino Ingles fly to A Coruna or Santiago then catch a bus to Ferrol. Or you could walk the Sanabres from Ourense by flying to Santiago or Madrid and taking a train to Ourense. Or the last 100km of the Primitivo from Lugo. Lots of options :)

Hi All,
I would like to walk the final 100k of the Camino this coming October.
I can fly Ryanair to either Biarritz, Santander or possibly Madrid. I’ve been searching for hours for some sort of reasonable way to get to a starting point like Sarria from any of these airports but I’m just hitting a wall every time. I’m almost to the point where I’d consider a tour company but not quite.
What I’d love to do is find a simple way to join the last 100km of the way - any of them! and just have a simple map and walk.
Can anyone help?

Welcome Ashley,

Where are you arriving from? If possible it's probably best to fly into Santiago De Compostela itself and then catch a bus out to Sarria options here . If you're unable to fly into Santiago the Rome2Rio site should still help you to plan, flights from Madrid to Santiago are direct and not insanely expensive.

As for a map, apart from curiousity there is no need, it's hard to get lost.

Buen Camino,

Rob.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Whete you flying from? Santiago airport and bus to Sarria from airport via Lugo or Vigo and walk from portugese border via Tui.

Not sure where you’re flying from but I did Sarria to Santiago last week. Flew EasyJet from London Gatwick to Santiago and then took bus to Lugo and from there to Sarria.

Welcome Ashley,

Where are you arriving from? If possible it's probably best to fly into Santiago De Compostela itself and then catch a bus out to Sarria options here . If you're unable to fly into Santiago the Rome2Rio site should still help you to plan, flights from Madrid to Santiago are direct and not insanely expensive.

As for a map, apart from curiousity there is no need, it's hard to get lost.

Buen Camino,

Rob.
I am walking the last 100 now. The bus from Santiago to Sarria was Great and a very easy process. Mick

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
i flew into Vigo and got a taxi to Baiona and am currently walking the Coastal Portuguese Camino (125km) now inCaldes de Rais, highly recommended

You might consider the Camino Portugues. Fly to Porto, Portugal and take the train to Valenca which is at the border. Across the border is Tui Spain. Both place are wonderful and from there you walk north to SdC. Check out the website Rome to Rio for train times. 4C79F9F9-1348-486B-9471-3D407B23639A.png

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am taking a group out in October half term. We have an early morning flight to Madrid and then are taking the 13:08 train from Madrid Charmatin to Sarria which arrives just after 19:00. I have an itinerary with recommended with both albergues or en-suite b&bs for each day. If you want a copy please message me.

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back