• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

158 days to wait, read all the Books, my bags are packed. How to survive the wait??

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello OnePerfectStep,

Will this be OneGiantLeapForMankind..................

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin' it's early morn
The taxi's waitin' he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again

Yes I bet you will be " LEAVING ON A JET PLANE ".

Have a fantastic time I did twice and leave for my third shortly.
Buen Camino...........Keith.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I know exactly how you feel. I started counting down at day 149 and I'm finally at 19, but the wait is killing me!
Feels like it's never going to happen.

I have just had to add 5 days to my countdown...that is making things worse!

Repeat with each step as training : "Be Here Now" - Ram Dass

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I feel your pain. I have 56 more days until my Camino starts. The wait is killing! :( I guess we will all survive....a little less sane maybe, but survive none the less.:cool:

I'm hiking with my dog, who loves every walk, and will be left home. I'll miss her.

That and skiing spring powder.geosnow.JPG

How to survive the wait I hear you ask?... by driving all your family and friends up the wall with all your Camino talk :eek:

By putting on your pack everyday with your desired weight and finding hills to climb when people passing you are actually walking around the hills and looking at you like you're some kind of weirdo :cool: I keep my sunglasses on so they don't see the mischievous smile in my eyes!
By walking the first section of the Larapinta Trail, feeling quite alone in the Australian Outback but not really being alone...
By climbing up onto Euro Ridge on this trail which is famous for the roos that seem to congregate along there, feeling like you're on top of the world and invincible... only to be reminded how mortal you are when a gust of wind blows against you making you step back from the ledge as you watch a beautiful blue ferry wren dance in the wind... ah what a sight!
By hiking 26kms out of town in 30 plus degrees with all the water (and some food) you can carry because there are no drinking water stops along the trail...
By recording your every stop at rest stops so rangers can find you if you run into trouble...
By enjoying your own company when out in the wilderness...

Wow! It's actually dawned on me how much I've been enjoying all my preparation since I heard about the Camino exactly a year ago tonight in Tokyo!
I have 6 weeks to go! Woohoo!

You'll be right mate, like you said... OnePerfectStep at a time! :)
Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi One Perfect Step
It must be frustrating for you but a positive aspect - as you'll be keeping up with all forum input in the meantime and getting more inspired, this will make your Camino so much longer. You will be so ready for anything.
I'm back again in sept oct so hoping I might see you after Sarria, where I see you are starting. Sarria is a gorgeous place .
Ps. You are an inspiration! Buen camino.

Newfydog Your dog is georgeous, what is her name?

MeriPng Wow are making ozzies look good with your training. Larrapinta trail is a long way out in the 'never never'. Did you fly there or live in the area. Well done and Buen camino to you also,
Ps. I also have some lovely memories of png (lived in Lae in 1985/86).

Annie

MeriPng Wow are making ozzies look good with your training. Larrapinta trail is a long way out in the 'never never'. Did you fly there or live in the area. Well done and Buen camino to you also,
Ps. I also have some lovely memories of png (lived in Lae in 1985/86).

Annie

G'day Annie!

Oh my lord, trust me walking the first section of the Larapinta Trail was awesome but my legs reminded me I hadn't used them long distance like that in a lllooonnngggg time :eek: lol I'm hoping to do the other sections in the cooler months.
Great taste to what I may experience on the Camino and an average distance I'm hoping to cover daily... or maybe just go with whatever I can manage or feel like... I'm pretty sure I'll be sorer than anything after crossing the Pyrenees and most likely in tears - big sook that I am! :p

Yes I live in the Alice :D I love it! But the ocean is calling out to this island woman so moving to WA after my Camino.
Oh I miss PNG!!! I'm glad I have PNG and OZ to call home :)
Wow! You lived in Lae! That's brilliant, I spent 2 years (1998/1999) in boarding school at TISOL, may have been called Lae Int'l School while you were there. Those were better times when you were there.

Great to meet you on this forum and have a brilliant walk in Sept/Oct when you set out.

Buen Camino
Marie

Hi OnePerfectStep I didn't stay sane! I was crazy by the time I went! Only did part Camino in October last year St Jean Pied de Port to Burgos.

Simply couldn't wait so decided to use my 2 week Annual leave to have a taster/trial run as I couldn't get enough time to do the whole thing last year.

Going back in 184 days to complete and walk to the coast. Got 4 weeks this time.

I read all my books twice, checked the forum at every opportunity, several times a day, trained in the Lake District Uk ,tried to learn Spanish and quite literally became

obsessed with all things Camino. I read my first book many years ago and knew that one day I would walk and I was positively giddy with excitement by the time I went but

also thoroughly enjoyed every moment of anticipation. This could be the best thing you ever do. When you get there its Magical. Buen Camino! Sarah

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yeah, I'm hiking here in Finland, training I suppose. But how did you manage to stay sane before the camino?

One Perfect step at a time, I'll get there eventually.
My count down is 23 days and it is tough. Have been packed for at least 2 weeks and now I keep buying things to add more weight??? Keep the faith.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back