• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

1st Camino, Starting from SJPP

LLBgirl

LLBgirl
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (August - September 2017)
This will be my 1st camino and I am starting from SJPP on August 15th or 16th hopefully - I am waiting to see if Orisson has availability and then will confirm. Waiting to hear back as I write!

I will be flying from Edmonton, Alberta Canada and arriving in Paris on August 14th.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
This will be my 1st camino and I am starting from SJPP on August 15th or 16th hopefully - I am waiting to see if Orisson has availability and then will confirm. Waiting to hear back as I write!

I will be flying from Edmonton, Alberta Canada and arriving in Paris on August 14th.

Let me be the first to wish you Buen Camino! You will need to be patient with Orisson, they can be maddeningly slow at times in responding ( like, weeks!), as well as slow to bill you for their deposit, but they always get around to it. Even if they are booked up, it doesn't matter, the Camino will provide.

Let me be the first to wish you Buen Camino! You will need to be patient with Orisson, they can be maddeningly slow at times in responding ( like, weeks!), as well as slow to bill you for their deposit, but they always get around to it. Even if they are booked up, it doesn't matter, the Camino will provide.
Super helpful to hear so I appreciate you taking the time to give me the heads up! Thanks so much!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Buen Camino LLBgirl!
Don't stress it if Orisson doesn't come through. I hiked up and over the Napoleon route on the first day. However I arranged to have my back pack transferred to Roncesvalles and carried a day pack and it was fine. It took me 7.5 hours with many breaks, about 6.5 hours of walking. I found the descent to be the roughest part. Make sure you have walking poles.

Buen Camino LLBgirl!
Don't stress it if Orisson doesn't come through. I hiked up and over the Napoleon route on the first day. However I arranged to have my back pack transferred to Roncesvalles and carried a day pack and it was fine. It took me 7.5 hours with many breaks, about 6.5 hours of walking. I found the descent to be the roughest part. Make sure you have walking poles.
Good to hear as well! Thankfully I have some poles which I will make sure to pack upon your advice. Appreciate it!

Update! Just received word back from Orisson and they have room for me on the night of the 16th.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
That's great! There are a number of "special" Albergues on the CF, and Orisson is definitely one of them. Its special because its a great place to meet part of your cohort - people you will see on and off for the next month. Next stop is a really weird looking Paypal bill. Might take a week or more, but its legit. It will come from SARL APATHIA ...... that's them.

That's great! There are a number of "special" Albergues on the CF, and Orisson is definitely one of them. Its special because its a great place to meet part of your cohort - people you will see on and off for the next month. Next stop is a really weird looking Paypal bill. Might take a week or more, but its legit. It will come from SARL APATHIA ...... that's them.
Actually it came right away! I admit I was surprised because I assumed the invoice would take a few days as well, but it didn't. It feels good to be able to cross a few things off my "to-do" so that I can start to just concentrate on the walk itself and put a respite to my usual routine of plan, plan and plan some more! Thanks again Rick.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Hello peregrinos, we are Sara and Giuseppe, a Italian couple, we lost today a sleeping bag, in the way, from Pamplona to Puente De la Reina, anyone has found it? Let us know please.
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back