A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 bus Pamplona to Saint Jean

2020 Camino Guides

Rhysmike

Camino(s) past & future
St. Jean to Santiago (Apr to June 2014); St. Jean to Finisterre (Apr to May 2016); Via Francigena - Lausanne to Rome (Sep to October 2016)
Does the Conda bus from Pamplona to SJ still run? I caught it May 2018 and was hoping to catch it again at the end of April this year. I can’t locate it on any timetable.

Jan_D

Camino(s) past & future
Aragones (2011)
Frances (2012)
Norte (2013, 2014)
Hospitalera (2014)
Portugues (2017)
It's weird, on the Conda website they say there's a bus at 14:30 from 1 March and a 17:30 bus from 1 April, but when you try and purchase a ticket it tells you: "Lamentamos informarle que actualmente MOVELIA no puede ofrecer una ruta directa entre el origen y destino" (Sorry to inform you that Movelia cannot offer a direct route between the origin and destination) - no idea whether the problem lies with the website, whether you can only book closer to the time, or whether this route no longer runs.

Camino(s) past & future
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
The Conda webpage has not been updated in a few years. I think it still shows the 2016 (??) schedule. That is pretty close to the 2015 17 18 schedules as far as times but the dates change within a week or two. The buses have previously started at the beginning of March.

Use the ALSA website for the CONDA schedule. Trouble is they don't have any service at the moment and the software doesn't print out a correctly informative message. Apparently it cannot handle future bookings either when nothing is available now. Also on entering the destination you must write St. as Saint or it will not find SJPdP.

17 February edit: ALSA website is now working. Service starts 2 March. Like previous years it works slowly up from one to two to three to four buses a day. The site does not show things past six months from the date of enquiry so assume it will be like what the CONDA webpage shows with one trip being dropped at the beginning of September and another at the end.

Last edited:

Jan_D

Camino(s) past & future
Aragones (2011)
Frances (2012)
Norte (2013, 2014)
Hospitalera (2014)
Portugues (2017)
Ok so I gave them a quick call. Alsa took the route over from Conda last year, but they haven't decided whether they're going to do it again this year. Apparently a decision is going to be made at management level over the next few weeks.

Rhysmike

Camino(s) past & future
St. Jean to Santiago (Apr to June 2014); St. Jean to Finisterre (Apr to May 2016); Via Francigena - Lausanne to Rome (Sep to October 2016)
The Conda webpage has not been updated in a few years. I think it still shows the 2016 (??) schedule. That is pretty close to the 2015 17 18 schedules as far as times but the dates change within a week or two. The buses have previously started at the beginning of March.

Use the ALSA website for the CONDA schedule. Trouble is they don't have any service at the moment and the software doesn't print out a correctly informative message. Apparently it cannot handle future bookings either when nothing is available now. Also on entering the destination you must write St. as Saint or it will not find SJPdP.
Thank you

Rhysmike

Camino(s) past & future
Ok so I gave them a quick call. Alsa took the route over from Conda last year, but they haven't decided whether they're going to do it again this year. Apparently a decision is going to be made at management level over the next few weeks.
Thanks fot that

Jan_D

Camino(s) past & future
Aragones (2011)
Frances (2012)
Norte (2013, 2014)
Hospitalera (2014)
Portugues (2017)
Update!! Alsa has now decided to do this route!

From Saturday 2 March it will be doing one trip per day, leaving Pamplona at 14:30.
From 17 April it will be doing two trips per day, at 14:30 and 17:30 respectively.

(Thanks to "Rick of Rick and Peg", who has been keeping on top of things...)

Rhysmike

Camino(s) past & future
Thank you for this.

Camino(s) past & future
Do you mean there is no bus running from Pamplona to STJPD from now until March 2? Thanks!
Exactly. However check the bus line PLM. They say they have Tuesday and Friday service to Valcarlos and a neighborhood of it which is a stones throw from Arneguy, France. Both are a few hours walk from SJPdP.

There is also Monday through Saturday service to Roncevalles by the bus line Artieda.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2020)
This bus is running as of April, 2020. I iust booked a ticket directly from the spanish ALSA site for 22 Euros. They require a passport #. They don't take US credit cards, but you can pay with Paypal. You can also can get the same ticket from the english OMIO website for about $8 US more where they do accept US credit cards. Just web-search for ALSA or OMIO.

I'm still trying to ascertain the location of the bus station in Pamplona.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2020)
I plugged in Pamplona, Spain into Google Maps and the red pin for that was dropped almost on top of the bus station.
View attachment 69862
Of course I had already found the bus station in Pamplona. What I didn’t know was if that was for sure the place where that bus left from. But looking around the website there is a page for the CONDA line, which shows a listing for the SJPP route. So I assume it actually leaves from there.

Camino(s) past & future
The SJPdP bus left from there in 2015. Most of the station is underground and the boarding is done down there. If you judge from the picture you would think that the bus pulls up to the building that you see at ground level and that you board at the street.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2020)
The SJPdP bus left from there in 2015. Most of the station is underground and the boarding is done down there. If you judge from the picture you would think that the bus pulls up to the building that you see at ground level and that you board at the street.
Good to know that it’s underground. I have a 105 minute turnaround from when my train gets in and I’m supposed to be on the bus. Plenty of time if I know where to go exactly.... Thank you, Rick.

Camino(s) past & future
Right outside the train station is a sheltered street bus stop. Typically line A comes by once an hour for just a couple stops trip to the bus station. Every 10 or 15 minutes line 9 takes the trip with more stops and can drop you off close to the station.

For either a fascinating or frustrating experience see the Pamplona street bus website at http://www.infotuc.es/

It just falls short of telling you the birthday of the driver who picks you up at any stop at any time. Spanish and Basque only.

RJM

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
A few times
Good to know that it’s underground. I have a 105 minute turnaround from when my train gets in and I’m supposed to be on the bus. Plenty of time if I know where to go exactly.... Thank you, Rick.
I believe the train station is about two km's from the bus station, to the slight NW. Last time I went to Pamplona I debated bus or train there and I had printed out a google map so I knew where they were in relation to each other. The bus station is actually fairly close to the Camino path out of town. You do board the bus underground. There is a cafe down there, and some shoppes.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 189 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 310 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 355 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 151 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock