• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

3-4 week route advice please

Dc8-63

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago (route tba).
Hello from Brisbane. We have four weeks in September-October 2016, say just over three weeks walking with travel to and from, and need best advice on best qualifying Camino de Santiago route for a reasonably fit mid-aged couple with a 12-year-old. Happy to book private accommodation in advance. Would like to avoid main roads and crowds as much as possible. I have looked at Camino Portuguese and Spanish coastal route, but am largely in the dark. All advice most welcome.
Thank you!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Take a look at the Primitivo, it can be done at a fater pace in 13 days but I did it in 18. Any extra time can be used after reaching Santiago to go to Muxia or Fisterra. Other option is to start in Leon on the Salvador for 4-5 days and then linking up with the Primitivo, but that is more rigorous.

Thanks so much. Much appreciated. I will do some research on that one.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello from Brisbane. We have four weeks in September-October 2016, say just over three weeks walking with travel to and from, and need best advice on best qualifying Camino de Santiago route for a reasonably fit mid-aged couple with a 12-year-old. Happy to book private accommodation in advance. Would like to avoid main roads and crowds as much as possible. I have looked at Camino Portuguese and Spanish coastal route, but am largely in the dark. All advice most welcome.
Thank you!
Hello DC8-63, My two cents....The English Way... could be done in 5 days... easy and then another from O'Cerbriero to Santiago. May the Holy Spirit guide you. Buen Camino:)

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back