• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

A Camino Credential story I think you will like

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Vasco, Meseta, Portugues Coastal
Hi Fellow Pilgrims,

Hope this is posted in the correct place.
Came across this story in a news feed.

Open it in Chrome and it translates for those non-Spanish speakers.
I think everyone may find this pretty interesting regarding the different credentials one can receive. There are links I haven't read yet, but will soon. Some of this many of us will know but there is a whole lot I learned. I think it will be fun reading for you.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thank you, that was very interesting and I was able to practice my Spanish before getting a proper translation.

I came across this recently doing research for my walk in May https://viajecaminodesantiago.com/en/pilgrims-useful-information/other-certificates/

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks for sharing this. Forgive the pedantry on my part, but the author of this article makes an errorcito when conflating the Compostela certificate (which he says is “stamped” in the albergues) and the credencial, in the section titled “Credenciales del camino de santiago.” Ok, end of rant

I agree. I would call them certificados del Camino de Santiago.

I agree. I would call them certificados del Camino de Santiago
I think you are both correct but might it be just the google translate that created this error? I don't know. But then again I haven't checked myself.

I think you are both correct but might it be just the google translate that created this error? I don't know. But then again I haven't checked myself.
The article uses the word credencial.

Curiously enough, the original Spanish text is the problem. The author is not 100% clear on his Camino terminology. In any case, the article does offer a nice overview of all the different certificates of completion

Most read last week in this forum