• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Hard Question?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Wow, you two are really "at it"! Coming from the USA, I have no clue what you both are saying. I only know the cider pour in Spain is vertical! 😁

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wow, you two are really "at it"! Coming from the USA, I have no clue what you both are saying. I only know the cider pour in Spain is vertical! 😁
In the more ancient Celtic parts of the British Isles it would be thought that all that vertical pouring, even though it may put air into the cider, leads to the possibility of spilling some and as cider is held, particularly in the English west country and border areas, in a semi religious way, the ancient Celtic ritual is applied and we tend to put it directly in to our mouths, which actually seems to work very well

Sounds like a sticky mess on the face, especially if you are two + drinks in! I prefer to let the bartender pour it, and if truth be told, I prefer a good wine or a gin and tonic any day! 😊

Sounds like a sticky mess on the face, especially if you are two + drinks in! I prefer to let the bartender pour it, and if truth be told, I prefer a good wine or a gin and tonic any day! 😊
Clearly someone with no Celtic roots and not very well developed pallet
Possibly from some far flung settlement in the colonies

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Clearly someone with no Celtic roots and not very well developed pallet
Possibly from some far flung settlement in the colonies

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Absolutely no need!!! With “superiority” comes responsibility!...and a little respect! Gone now!!!!
Who? Wurzel are you talking to myself or he who does not like cider (can you believe it) and I have a glass of a pink liquid made in that Californian Colony

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am not Pilgrim:
"Now he had not run far from his own door, but his Wife and Children, perceiving it, began to cry after him to return; but the Man put his fingers in his ears, and ran on, crying Life! Life! Eternal Life! So he looked not behind him, but fled towards the middle of the Plain." John Bunyan The Pilgrim's Progress.

I am a pilgrim: a traveler who is on a journey. And who knows or has care of where that journey may take me but me?

Edited for a misquote: my Bunyan's getting rusty.
The inspiration for the final scene in Shane. "Shane. Come back Shane. Shane come back. Shane..." Saddest movie of my youth. Alan Ladd.

I never considered myself a pilgrim in the sense most consider. I was focused on executing a goal and my constant companion was "fear of failure." That said, with each rubble strewn path I took up and down, I thought about those pilgrims of a thousand years ago and what they endured to reach a goal that would make mine seem frivolous if not outright blasphemous in their view. For 45 days Mother Nature in all her moods was my experiential joy coupled with the thrill of walking through ancient ruins and touching the stone blocks of an edifice erected by masons who took as much pride in their work then as craftspeople do today. Spain elicits these sentiments in me and I have a deep connection to its land and people.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
am I more or less of a Pilgrim when I walk into Santiago than someone who arrived by train, bus or aircraft. Or do I just have superiority problems?
IMHO - if you think "more of" then yes, you have a superiority problem. :)

On my first Camino, I walked every step, every one and later on down the way I was made to think less of myself from those (my Camino family) who actually took a taxi here and a taxi there. I just brushed it off as them trying to make them selves feel less guilty. Although, I had never nor would I pass judgment on those who, what do they call it, cheat? LOL :D

God Bless us all and may the Lord keep us humble in every step we take or in every taxi fare or train ticket we purchase. :) HUGS!

Just to set the record straight the I is what we in the UK call the royal I, I being humanity not me personally

Can you be a pilgrim and trek 20km in less than 4 hours and drink a bottle of wine with lunch. Pilgrimage trek walk waddle shuffle or motor

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back