• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Question: camino frances

VictoriaAria

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2023
We are doing the camino frances from Sarria in October but I can't find a guidebook to buy in Greece and the online price for delivery here is double it's value. Does anyone know if I'll be able to buy a guide in Madrid? Or Sarria

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I wouldn’t worry to much but you might find a guidebook in Sarria. Madrid? Maybe but you’ll spend a day finding it. You could try getting Amazon to deliver to your first nights accommodations, with the hosts agreement, but why bother. The way marking, indeed the groove in the surface of the planet from Sarria to Santiago makes a guidebook superfluous. www.Gronze.com will provide you with all the accommodation information you might need and if you want restaurant recommendations you’re walking the wrong bit of Camino 😉

Happy planning, and buen Camino

No need for a paper guide.

Everything here: https://www.gronze.com/camino-frances#localidad-393

Sarria has a really good camino bookshop... if you need a paper guide...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There are several good apps that I find more useful than a guidebook.

The two that I like best are Wise Pilgrim

And Buen Camino

No need for a paper guide.

Everything here: https://www.gronze.com/camino-frances#localidad-393

Sarria has a really good camino bookshop... if you need a paper guide...

If you have any difficulties opening Gronze, open it in Chrome and it will translate (machine) into English (or Greek) based on your preferences.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We are doing the camino frances from Sarria in October but I can't find a guidebook to buy in Greece and the online price for delivery here is double it's value. Does anyone know if I'll be able to buy a guide in Madrid? Or Sarria
The issue I had in buying a guide book was finding one in English.
If you have your phone with you, apps and following the arrows will get you to Santiago.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I did the Sarria to Santiago walk a few months ago and didn’t have a guidebook. But if you want one, there is a shop in Sarria that sells everything the pilgrim might need. I think it’s called Peregrinoteca. Anybody in the place where you’re staying the first night can direct you there. What I used instead of a guidebook were two apps, “Wise Pilgrim” (the developer is a member of this forum and is pretty quick to respond to any questions), and “Buen Camino” and a website Gronze dot com. Between these 3 sources, I was able to find lodging, learn about interesting things along the Way, and decide whether to take the left or right forks (GO RIGHT ON THE ROAD TO PORTOMARÍN!!). Still, I am a history and map nerd so I am probably going to get one for my next Camino. Buen camino, fellow pilgrim!

First, I think lots of people are very reliant on Guidebooks, but would find that they don't necessarily need one, and that not having one also prompts you to engage with others more often.
Second ... If you feel you really need a guidebook, ask at the first or second albegue you stay in. Someone else has surely left behind one that is now waiting for the next pilgrim to make use of it.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I did the Sarria to Santiago walk a few months ago and didn’t have a guidebook. But if you want one, there is a shop in Sarria that sells everything the pilgrim might need. I think it’s called Peregrinoteca. Anybody in the place where you’re staying the first night can direct you there. What I used instead of a guidebook were two apps, “Wise Pilgrim” (the developer is a member of this forum and is pretty quick to respond to any questions), and “Buen Camino” and a website Gronze dot com. Between these 3 sources, I was able to find lodging, learn about interesting things along the Way, and decide whether to take the left or right forks (GO RIGHT ON THE ROAD TO PORTOMARÍN!!). Still, I am a history and map nerd so I am probably going to get one for my next Camino. Buen camino, fellow pilgrim!
Thank you so much! This is excellent!

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back