• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Hug for the Apostle by Laurie Dennett

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2016, 2022, 2023, 2024, planned 2025
After I finished the newly released book Waybread, I ordered a copy of her book A Hug for the Apostle and read it, too. A while back there was a thread about what it was like in the re-emergence of the Camino in modern times. This book gives an account of walking the Camino Frances without all the albergues we see today.

The first part of the book covers the pilgrimage from Chartres to the Spanish border. The second half was more interesting to me because I was familiar with the terrain from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago. It is good read and still relevant today.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My late mother-in-law Barbara walked the Camino Frances with an international group in 1985. As one of the early members of the CSJ (and by happy chance also a Canadian born in Toronto) Barbara knew about Laurie's journey at the time and later passed on her own copy of A Hug for the Apostle for me to read. In those days before the invention of the world wide web almost all that I knew about the Camino before walking it myself came from the accounts from these two inspiring ladies.

Last edited:
After I finished the newly released book Waybread, I ordered a copy of her book A Hug for the Apostle and read it, too. A while back there was a thread about what it was like in the re-emergence of the Camino in modern times. This book gives an account of walking the Camino Frances without all the albergues we see today.

The first part of the book covers the pilgrimage from Chartres to the Spanish border. The second half was more interesting to me because I was familiar with the terrain from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago. It is good read and still relevant today.
I have a hardcover copy of the first edition, gifted to me by my sister. If I didn't have it, I would buy the new edition in a shot. I will probably give in to temptation and get it at some point, but currently I'm being strong.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.