• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A mate for Northen Camino in march firsths.

F. Javier

Time of past OR future Camino
The Northern one in 2015 and I plan repeat it in next march.
I'm looking for companion in my 2nd Camino through the North (Cantabric Coast) (beggining in Hendaye-Irun-Hondarribia) about in the begining of march (8th-10th). I'm already in the 60s, I'm a runner and a mountaineer. My aim is spiritual (not religious) and enjoy landscapes, people, sea. No hurry for getting farther. Without planning and scarce resources (sometimes outdoor sleeping); finaly, enyoing freedown. The previous Northen Camino took me 29 days with about 700 euros (including travel).
I offer mi knowledge of the North Camino to Santiago.
Please let mi know your plan; match our Caminos it's posible.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello, pilgrims. As I am living in Sarria (French Way), so that I see the Peregrinos pass by and I get impatient to start my second Camino del Norte (from Irún) next week. On the other hand, it saddens me not to find a Companion to start it (it is a condition that I have promised to my family). Serenity ........

Attachments

• Serenidad.JPG
    Serenidad.JPG
    874.9 KB · Views: 6
Hello F.J.,
Surely there will be at least a small group of others starting out like you, at the beginning of the Norte. I'm sure you should have no problem connecting with a few people in the first days. Cheer up...it will all work out!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I am starting on the 25th March from Irun but unfortunately I had another complication today which may force me to walk even slower than planned... or bus for the first few stages I hope you find a walking mate. Unless you want to walk at a snail’s pace. I will make an update later tonight on my continuing foot saga

Last edited:
I am starting on the 25th from Irun but unfortunately I had another complication today which may force me to walk even slower than planned... or bus for the first few stages I hope you find a walking mate. Unless you want to walk at a snail’s pace. I will make an update later tonight on my continuing foot saga
You may get further. Buen camino.

Most read last week in this forum

I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...
Hi! I’m a Camino newbie planning on walking Camino del Norte this May-June. I have previous hiking experience and do well on longer distances and so on, but not any super recent multi day long...
I’m on day 2 of the CDN and I’m just blown away by the views. Day 1 Irun to San Sebastián, day 2 San Sebastián to Askizu Buen Camino

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back