Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

A New Beer for the Holy Year!

Elle Bieling

Elle Bieling, PilgrimageTraveler
Year of past OR future Camino
How great, that Estrella Galicia, one of my favorite beers along the Camino, is now brewing "Estrella del Camino," made from natural ingredients from different Camino routes, in a celebratory tribute to Xacobeo, 2021-2022. Read the article here. I may have to go on a Camino, just to try this beer. 🤣🤣 Their description of the Compostela Holy Year beer sounds absolutely delicious! "The beginning in the mouth is sweet and with soft toasted notes, giving way to an acidity that provides a pleasant refreshing sensation, provided by wheat, orange peel, hops and coriander seeds. (Per Google Translator.)" Yum! Could this be "holy beer??" Salud!

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

David Tallan

Veteran Member
How great, that Estrella Galicia, one of my favorite beers along the Camino, is now brewing "Estrella del Camino," made from natural ingredients from different Camino routes, in a celebratory tribute to Xacobeo, 2021-2022. Read the article here. I may have to go on a Camino, just to try this beer. 🤣🤣 Their description of the Compostela Holy Year beer sounds absolutely delicious! "The beginning in the mouth is sweet and with soft toasted notes, giving way to an acidity that provides a pleasant refreshing sensation, provided by wheat, orange peel, hops and coriander seeds. (Per Google Translator.)" Yum! Could this be "holy beer??" Salud!
I'm waiting for @Sara_Dhooma's review.

Thom

Camino Frances (Sep-Oct 2016). Camino Baztan to Trindad de Arre, joined the Frances (Sept-Oct 2019).
I haven’t had a drink in fifteen years, but THIS IS AWESOME!!!

pepi

Thanks for this important information, Elle; important in view of my forthcoming CF starting end of August, the thirsty season! 😎

Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

longwalker60

09/2018
I think it was Benjamin Franklin who said "Beer is proof, that God loves us!". Ill drink to that! Buen Camino!

Pelegrin

Veteran Member
Estrella de Galicia started in 1906 in A Coruña. Its founder José Maria Rivera was born in a little hamlet in 1856 . When he was 14 emigrated to America like many Galicians, his parents had to mortgage some properties to pay him the boat ticket. He was in La Habana (Cuba) and Veracruz (Mexico), where he made enough money to return to Galicia and start several businesses, one of them Estrella de Galicia.

Elle Bieling

Thanks for this important information, Elle; important in view of my forthcoming CF starting end of August, the thirsty season! 😎
@pepi I hope there is some remaining for you to try by August! According to the article the beer will be brewed in a limited supply and will be sold until that supply is exhausted! With bars just opening and everyone coming out of lockdown, that supply could be gone pretty fast! 😄

Elle Bieling

Estrella de Galicia started in 1906 in A Coruña. Its founder José Maria Rivera was born in a little hamlet in 1856 . When he was 14 emigrated to America like many Galicians, his parents had to mortgage some properties to pay him the boat ticket. He was in La Habana (Cuba) and Veracruz (Mexico), where he made enough money to return to Galicia and start several businesses, one of them Estrella de Galicia.
Thank you @Pelegrin! What a great story behind a great beer.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Frances (2015, 2017, 2019) and plans for 2021 (Sept, Oct)
Hope the Cowboy Bar and Bar Elvis both stock this! Bob

Attachments

• 7205F5E8-95FF-40D6-98D9-B4E991616121.jpeg
    7205F5E8-95FF-40D6-98D9-B4E991616121.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • CFFBDAEE-B8A3-465B-BBB1-C2E1BD21B6FA.jpeg
    CFFBDAEE-B8A3-465B-BBB1-C2E1BD21B6FA.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21

Canada Wanders

Lost, but making great time...
CF 2015
CP 2018
Now I want to run, not even drive, but run to the airport!
Luckily my pack is always packed!

Nick B

R.jpg

My favourite is this one from an abbey in Belgium but Estrella when on the Way of St James, unless they export the new brew will have to wait until my next Camino for a taste.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances